2020 Flock Life

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken

Votes: 90 54.2%
  • Egg

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
So we started to put leg bands on, each leg band has a color and a number now so I can better identify them when there is something going on or if they pass away. Since we still haven't caught the culprit it's still a big fear till they are grown.

Wanted to share their photos though!
View attachment 2161631Heightie (she likes up!) Olive Egger
View attachment 2161632Zebra - Barred Rock
View attachment 2161633Beggie (the name fits, seriously)- Barred Rock
View attachment 2161634Tardis- Blue Jersey Giant
View attachment 2161635Foam- Brahma (not sure if boy or girl, no tail feathers, neck feathers are kinda pointy)
View attachment 2161636Oreo-Olive Egger
View attachment 2161637Toffee- Easter Egger (she's my fav!)
View attachment 2161638Butter- Orpington (she's a mean one when caught)
View attachment 2161639Lacy- Wynadotte shes pretty fiesty too
View attachment 2161641Holly (short for halloween) -Barnevelder
View attachment 2161642Mane- Easter Egger(she looks like she has a lion's mane)
View attachment 2161644Milkyway- Partridge Cochin... she's smaller then everyone else! i was told they were large fowl but seriously she's a runt. But she's sweet.

we still have more to go but they were getting stressed so we called it a night. We know we'll have to change the zip bands in a few weeks so i have another bag with same colors and numbers but we might switch to just two colors, one for breeding and one for laying. right now green and yellow mean breeding, black and purple mean no, and blue means maybe.
The big girls are lonely, they wouldn't give me space today and nearly stepped on one, they stay u at the house unless laying or bed time. so i know they miss Toasted and my little future chicken farmer told me he misses him crying outside his window. Brought me to tears! So we've been making sure to keep an eye on the girls and feed carrots to them for now. If need to, i'll look around and see if anyone has a mature boy near us for them.
Still so sad for you! I hope you can find another rooster!!! Love the pics! :love

ok...seriously... that's adorable! that little carriage! it'll be cool to see it feather out!
Love the carriage and the chick is pretty cute too...😉 :love

Thankyou both!

Yea the carriage is awesome, the chicks alright I guess 🤭 😂

Babies due from tomorrow onwards, I can’t wait! Haven’t had chicks from my own silkies for ages now!

Thankyou both!

Yea the carriage is awesome, the chicks alright I guess 🤭 😂

Babies due from tomorrow onwards, I can’t wait! Haven’t had chicks from my own silkies for ages now!

Oh that's exciting! We're trying to hatch our first brahmas from our flock too... But not due till the 7th, got a bit of a wait.

PomPom and her chicks! She’s happy now she has babies 🤣

More due on Monday!

50817CD8-4403-4380-9C5B-5B7689500B0D.jpeg

7D57E5E0-CEE5-47B7-B485-EC549AA9857A.jpeg

2A54E28B-77D2-4EF9-8F24-8B1CB34BFC0A.jpeg

6ED658AB-9116-448C-A04A-3BE6C7A193CC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom