2020 Flock Life

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken

Votes: 90 54.2%
  • Egg

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
I always love seeing your flock and hearing about each of them! I hope your Brahma is a Roo! 💞

Awww thanks! I like them a lot too! I'm hoping so too! I think after the kids are outta school and not home I'm going to move to just brahmas and maybe cochins... The production girls are fun but yeah, these guys are my favs.

What a fun mix! You'll love them! I have quite a mix too... Just means more fun!

I love watching them feather out! It's like a fun grabbag some times!

I think I have about 8 or 10 breeds right now plus my new babies that are from my own flock... It's so much fun incubating from your own! Be careful though, it's addictive!

I heard incubating is addicting 🤣

That's so fun you have mnay different breeds too! They are all so unique 😁

It was a big day outside for us... Lots of mowing and cleaning and hopefully we didn't over do it. :hmm

But here's a video of the babies... We have too many predators for them to play outside just yet... Big water trough helps give them room to play though

It was finally dry enough to clean the stalls, front one complete the second is done-ish, will need to go back over it again later but the heat was getting to us. To do the young ones' area we let them out to run around for awhile... But I got video of them before I shooed them out completely.

The girls are clingy, was looking for roo but ppl don't seem to be honest on temperament and it looks like I might have a light Brahma roo so I'm gonna wait. I had to put scratch out to keep the girls from following me. :th

View attachment 2170855

Some photos I took today too
View attachment 2170857
This is Jerk and Face... My kids named them after their attitudes. They got relocked up when they went psycho... I'm seeing if I can't find a family near me want them.

View attachment 2170858
Breakfast time means to literally get into it :gig I'm hoping my manhandling will keep them sweet.

I love the videos and pictures! Your flock is very pretty. Hopefully the Light Brahma is a roo :fl How many chickens do you have right now?

I heard incubating is addicting 🤣

That's so fun you have mnay different breeds too! They are all so unique 😁

it really is... the problem is that you dont realize how many you get till you're all of a sudden covered in baby chicks and your hubbie (in my case) is telling you to slow down. 🤣

They are indeed! and when you start with many different breeds you slowly learn your favs and which ones gravitate towards more.

I love the videos and pictures! Your flock is very pretty. Hopefully the Light Brahma is a roo :fl How many chickens do you have right now?

I'll have to see if i can't go out and take a few pics of my light brahmas i have today, I have 4 and seriously, it's hard to tell. But yeah i'm hoping so too!

Let's see....
Adult flock: i have 12 girls right now.
Young Ones: we tried doing a head count yesterday and counted 27 but then i have the two roos in "time out" so thats 29.
Babies: I have 8 babies that are getting their feathers in and will be ready for the barn in a few weeks.
Incubating: I currently have 11 eggs in the incubator that will hopefully hatch on Sunday! (they are 100% brahmas from my splash roo that passed away and my two adult girls, a columbian buff and a splash girl)
sooo.... about 50 :confused::gig:wee
We have a farm and so we grow out for those that don't have a good set up and just want hens, we sell eggs, and we also sell to families that just need some dinner. I love all my chickies, and make sure they are happy and healthy and go to homes that are good to them. :)

it really is... the problem is that you dont realize how many you get till you're all of a sudden covered in baby chicks and your hubbie (in my case) is telling you to slow down. 🤣

They are indeed! and when you start with many different breeds you slowly learn your favs and which ones gravitate towards more.

Haha! I'm sure I would be told about the same :lau

I'll have to see if i can't go out and take a few pics of my light brahmas i have today, I have 4 and seriously, it's hard to tell. But yeah i'm hoping so too!

Let's see....
Adult flock: i have 12 girls right now.
Young Ones: we tried doing a head count yesterday and counted 27 but then i have the two roos in "time out" so thats 29.
Babies: I have 8 babies that are getting their feathers in and will be ready for the barn in a few weeks.
Incubating: I currently have 11 eggs in the incubator that will hopefully hatch on Sunday! (they are 100% brahmas from my splash roo that passed away and my two adult girls, a columbian buff and a splash girl)
sooo.... about 50 :confused::gig:wee
We have a farm and so we grow out for those that don't have a good set up and just want hens, we sell eggs, and we also sell to families that just need some dinner. I love all my chickies, and make sure they are happy and healthy and go to homes that are good to them. :)

That's so awesome! Sounds like you have your hands full. Thats great you run an operation like you do. I'm sure families really appreciate it.

I can't wait to see what your new Brahmas will look like! Definitely going to need to see pictures :)

IMG_20200601_075500144_HDR.jpg IMG_20200601_075504434_HDR.jpg
When you don't drop the treats fast enough! They wouldn't let me leave until I redropped the treats. Craziness...

And these are my current light brahmas. I'm thinking two girls and possibly two boys?
IMG_20200601_075849618~2.jpg #1 IMG_20200601_075804507~2.jpg #1 girl? IMG_20200601_075836870~2.jpg #2 boy? IMG_20200601_075919990~2.jpg #3 boy? IMG_20200601_075753708~3.jpg #4 girl?

Back
Top Bottom