2021 Baby Chicken order/planned list

What breed did you order or planning for the year of 2021?
View attachment 2459969
I placed an order for: Easter Egger, Barred Rock, and Rhode Island Red.
I wish I placed an order for Penedesencas...like originally planned. :he
Rhode Island Reds are good all around for meat too egg.. Barred Rock are your least problematic.. attitude wise. Easter Egger have never dealt with.. though have a couple Americana that lay blue eggs and the flock enjoys plucking their feathers from around their necks.. I do not vaccinate anything.. dogs too me, nor feed medicinal feed.. Let nature take it's course.. Going on my sixty eighth year and younger looking and healthier than yous and all history that includes.. What is good for the goose.. me. Is good for the gander.. them..

Rhode Island Reds are good all around for meat too egg.. Barred Rock are your least problematic.. attitude wise. Easter Egger have never dealt with.. though have a couple Americana that lay blue eggs and the flock enjoys plucking their feathers from around their necks.. I do not vaccinate anything.. dogs too me, nor feed medicinal feed.. Let nature take it's course.. Going on my sixty eighth year and younger looking and healthier than yous and all history that includes.. What is good for the goose.. me. Is good for the gander.. them..
Easter eggers and americanas are the same

Americana = Easter Egger
Ameraucana(no i) = real ameraucana

Ordering ISA browns from Townline. I love their birds and I love their customer service even more! On the West Coast we are pretty far from most of the hatcheries and Townline always checks in with us about shipping and how they arrived. We've done bulk orders for our poultry club over the years, combining it with our own, and out of hundreds of chicks we've only had one DOA. They're amazing! I'm hoping to get my order in Feb and get a jump on egglaying in the summer.
Where is Townline hatchery, how far from Washington state. I always get my chicks from Wilco, local farm store, but seem to have bad luck getting a rooster, even tho I only get 3 or 4 of one variaty. They are alwas healthy, but o not want anymore roosters.

I'm writing out some possible orders from different hatcheries right now. I don't know how many orders I'll place but this is what I have in mind:

Welp
10 Blue Australorp, straight run
10 White Legbar, straight run
5 Empordonesa, straight run
??? California Grey, pullets
??? California White, Pulets

Ideal
10 Delaware, straight run OR 7 pullets and 3 males (have to run the costs and decide if I want to play the odds or not).
2 Light Brahma, pullets
3 Dark Brahma, pullets
3 Black Langshan, pullets
2 Mottled Java, pullets
2 Production Black, pullets
3 Silver-Laced Cochin, pullets

Cackle
5 French Black Marans, straight run
5 French Cuckoo Marans, straight run
? Blue Egger Female Surplus
??? Silver-Laced English Orpingtons

I might put the Delawares on the Welp order instead of Ideal. I have to work out the complete costs, including shipping. That would be easier if I had paper catalogs to open all of them side-by-side. Then we have to figure out exactly what we'll have for brooder capability and grow out.

My intent is to sell off extra pullets and weed out cockerels to end up with at least one and no more than three keepers and 15-18 pullets. Some can be eaten and, I hope, the more unusual ones might be salable if they turn out well-tempered.

This will be refined over the next month or so.

I'm writing out some possible orders from different hatcheries right now. I don't know how many orders I'll place but this is what I have in mind:

Welp
10 Blue Australorp, straight run
10 White Legbar, straight run
5 Empordonesa, straight run
??? California Grey, pullets
??? California White, Pulets

Ideal
10 Delaware, straight run OR 7 pullets and 3 males (have to run the costs and decide if I want to play the odds or not).
2 Light Brahma, pullets
3 Dark Brahma, pullets
3 Black Langshan, pullets
2 Mottled Java, pullets
2 Production Black, pullets
3 Silver-Laced Cochin, pullets

Cackle
5 French Black Marans, straight run
5 French Cuckoo Marans, straight run
? Blue Egger Female Surplus
??? Silver-Laced English Orpingtons

I might put the Delawares on the Welp order instead of Ideal. I have to work out the complete costs, including shipping. That would be easier if I had paper catalogs to open all of them side-by-side. Then we have to figure out exactly what we'll have for brooder capability and grow out.

My intent is to sell off extra pullets and weed out cockerels to end up with at least one and no more than three keepers and 15-18 pullets. Some can be eaten and, I hope, the more unusual ones might be salable if they turn out well-tempered.

This will be refined over the next month or so.
Oh wow lots of birds!! :eek: :bow

Back
Top Bottom