2021 BYC Calendar - We Need Your Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Example - this is a high resolution portrait picture cropped to 11 x 8.5
1604949132040.png

DSCN2930.JPG
ps cropped_1_DSCN2930.jpg

I thought about that, but in the end, but a large, excellent picture in portrait mode could be used *if* it can be cropped to the correct size.
Maybe taking a page out of the book of the POW post then? it says something in there along the lines of really awesome photos with other orientations may be used if able to be cropped. :) I don’t know, lol, it makes sense to me just because of the fact that the calendar is printed in a specific format, which would preclude unedited other orientations; and maybe editing portrait or square works ok for very high res images taken with a decent camera, but my phone camera definitely needs to be properly oriented before I take it or else the resolution suffers when cropping. Long way of saying that my brain goes “take landscape pictures for calendar only” haha. 🤷🏼‍♀️
the biggest problem there I would think, with cropping other photos, is that the resolution definitely needs to be at least adequate. I don’t envy you guys any part of the selection and editing process, but I definitely appreciate the results! :D

How about make it simple and straightforward and just ask people to submit landscape only, and let them do their own cropping. If they have a portrait photo they really really want to submit, they'll need to crop it themselves first. If you're entering a photography contest, the assumption should be that you are able to at least do a basic crop, even if you don't have fancy equipment or photographer training. All phone image software offers cropping options, and so does the free built-in software on computers. Cropping is not a barrier to entry in a photo contest. You guys have enough work already, sifting through and judging all these images. The least people can do is follow basic instructions and submit material that fits at least the basic orientation requirements.

I have to go save my avatar now as like the one with blue pot and forgot to save my original. :idunno:he

I have to go save my avatar now as like the one with blue pot and forgot to save my original. :idunno:he

Ok my actual correct photos are on 1938 and 1939 as had to change to full size landscape 🆚 thumbnail. The details well this was good practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom