Buff Laced Polish (2 Females)

IDEAL Hatchery
Grey Silkie (4 St. Run)
Partridge Silkie (4 St. Run)
Self Blue Cochin Bantam (6 St. Run)
Buff Sebright (6 St. Run)
Blue Quail Belgian d'Anvers (4 St. Run)
White Cornish Bantam (3 St. Run)
Blue Laced Red Cornish Bantam (3 St. Run)
Buff Minorca (5 St. Run)
Red Shoulder Yokohama (5 St. Run)
Black Crested White Polish (5 St. Run)
As if I don’t have enough, GIMMIE SOME MORE CHICKS!!!

Story time!

View attachment 2673010
So this little bugger ^ got loose, not once it twice, 3 times!

Once in the chick room where he got majorly stuck, had to move boxes and shelves and took about 20 minutes of looking for him to find him.

Then I was putting him in the chick shed so he could have more room and integrate with everyone else not in his group of 9, and he got loose and ran between the chicken wire and the metal door of the shed.

THEN he got lose again, cue like 10 minutes of actively stalking him around the yard, wondering if it was even worth catching him since I'll be lucky to get 5 bucks for him anyways. Ginally, he goes under my car and in a moment of intelligence only a chicken can clain, jumped up into my wheel well and....

Got stuck.

So I had to trap him, maneuver him enough to not hurt him, before carrying a literally screaming chicken back to the shed.

He's fine now, but deal lord! 😅😆😅😥

These Isabella are killing me! 😥

@VeryHappyHens here's a story about the Isabellas

Gah, okay I'm buying a fan tomorrow. My shed got far hotter today than I was expecting and I have to hurry up and evacuate everyone. Luckily I had a few stackers somewhat ready so I was able to move my biggest worries out and then work on the smaller ones. Hoping there's enough stuck there to keep everyone else from wandering too far since I did not have enough set up to fully move everyone out.

The shed had been built in a higher shadow, but it's incredibly hot here and I guess that wasn't enough. Gonna most everyone I can in a bit, but even though they're a bit crowded in the cages, they seem happier than before.

Resized_20210518_145221.jpeg

Gah, okay I'm buying a fan tomorrow. My shed got far hotter today than I was expecting and I have to hurry up and evacuate everyone. Luckily I had a few stackers somewhat ready so I was able to move my biggest worries out and then work on the smaller ones. Hoping there's enough stuck there to keep everyone else from wandering too far since I did not have enough set up to fully move everyone out.

The shed had been built in a higher shadow, but it's incredibly hot here and I guess that wasn't enough. Gonna most everyone I can in a bit, but even though they're a bit crowded in the cages, they seem happier than before.

View attachment 2676640
And yes they have water too now, cleaned bowls real quick after the picture for them

Weighed 7 birds yesterday.
3 bresse (1 female, 2 male)
4 tsc mysteries (3 female, 1 male)

Was quite disappointed with the bresse. The female was 2.1-2.2 pounds and the males were about 2.8-2.9 pounds

Whereas the tsc mysteries were all larger. Hens were 2.9 at the smallest and the other two were 3.7ish. The male was 4.1

So.... Pretty sure I lost my buff laced polish last night. I csnt find her today, and its entirely possible i accidentally left her out last night if I couldn't see her outside when I checked super quick.

Dang...

Tragedy struck last night/this morning.

I had a tray standing up for a stacked and during the night, it fell on a group of my grow outs.

Lost 12, and have a silkie that survived, but is acting like her legs were damaged. She also got caught on her neck, likely by a panicked nail during it, so she's got a small wound that's being cleaned.

Ended up losing a female from my sexlinks project (the /really/ nice one too), a lavender Cochin cull, one of my rose comb leghorns, my male d'Anvers, 2 cornish, a gold neck male (not the cull either) and I think the rest were my yokohamas.

So now I have 2 projects on hold and I think another totally kaput.

Now I have to decide if it's worth it to keep a barred male instead of my frizzle Cochin to make more barred females (I need more now anyways and it's wither order st run frizzles or st run barreds. If I buy more frizzles, I can at least sell the extra females, which are easier than extra barred males. (Plus this frizzle is becoming a big AH to my poor Bresse boys)

Alrighty, lots have happened since last post.

I sold 4 Wyandotte pullets, my extra bresse male, my d'Anvers cull and bought my barred bantam pair back.

Also my bowls came! They were out of the 20 oz though so I just got the 10 oz. I think they'll work fine though.

20210624_162334.jpg

Back
Top Bottom