Ended 2021 Chicken Gift-Ideas Giveaway - Over $500 In Gifts Up To $35 Each!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
To put in my BYC mug so I am awake when I go out to feed.
1634128988410.png

1634129072939.png

**Edited to add because I guess what I originally posted about DE wasn't clear:
I have personally used it as a dust for my chickens to prevent and help with lice and mites while I also spray the coop with horse and stable permethrin spray. It has PERSONALLY worked for us, and I've heard of lots of other people doing the same thing. It works as a dust, just like when your chickens dust bathe to smother parasites. As far as worming, as I stated below, I didn't think it was effective and I use another worming method 2 times a year. I have just HEARD that some people use it for their chickens and say it works.
I hate how everything you have an opinion on or have something personally work for you when it didn't for others everyone has to post their opinions on it practically saying your wrong. 🙄 I never claimed the opinion on worming them with DE worked, I just mentioned it, yet I had to get comments on it just to say I'm wrong. Thanks.

We always have some of this on hand to prevent and treat lice and mites. Also (apparently) good for worming your chickens if you put it in their food, but I can't say for sure it actually works since I use it as a preventative measure.

Screenshot_20211013-083729_Samsung Internet.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Harris-Diato...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Last edited:
We always have some of this on hand to prevent and treat lice and mites. Also (apparently) good for worming your chickens if you put it in their food, but I can't say for sure it actually works since I use it as a preventative measure.

View attachment 2864451

https://www.amazon.com/Harris-Diato...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
It "works" by essentially drying insects out after shredding their exoskeleton. As soon as it gets wet, it's ineffective. Therefore it could never work on internal parasites. I'd love to know where this rumor started. I'm assuming a certain YouTube or Instagram influencer started it.

It really doesn't work dry either. I'd save your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom