2021 guinea hatches

Lockdown tonight. Sixty-one eggs moved to the hatcher. About 1/3 are internally pipped.
20210709_223507-1.jpg 20210709_183642.jpg
Good Luck! :fl The quartet are camera shy - they turn their head, blink, or show their bums. 🙂

Are these Bella’s babies?
They are hers- had assumed w/Nugget, but looks like she still had a few Blue stragglers. "storage tubules (SSTs) are found in the oviduct... sperm...can survive up to 2–15 weeks in domestic birds, including chickens, turkeys, quails and ducks"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3944358/#!po=67.5000
This batch all look much alike in the head but like the batch Bella came from, 2 have the dark black/brown/tan body color of a gray but 2 are a much lighter, truer "brown".
I know that's not supposed to make any diff, but in Bella's case, it did. Alas, no squiggly lines on their own. It wld explain their calm demeanor, though.

Are these Bella’s babies?
Unless you meant that picture specifically next to Bella? That's her & her siblings at birth, bc we thought they wld all be grays. Mouse was gray. The breeder wasn't sure if the hen was his gray pied or lavender pied. None of the keets were pied. I need to use a real cam,phone cam just doesn't diff light & dark colors.
But the one originally posted to r2elk, those are Bella's.

Last edited:
They are hers- had assumed w/Nugget, but looks like she still had a few Blue stragglers. "storage tubules (SSTs) are found in the oviduct... sperm...can survive up to 2–15 weeks in domestic birds, including chickens, turkeys, quails and ducks"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3944358/#!po=67.5000
This batch all look much alike in the head but like the batch Bella came from, 2 have the dark black/brown/tan body color of a gray but 2 are a much lighter, truer "brown".
I know that's not supposed to make any diff, but in Bella's case, it did. Alas, no squiggly lines on their own. It wld explain their calm demeanor, though.
Oh I hope that you got some Blue babies!!! :love

Back
Top Bottom