2021 Jacin Hatchalong #1

Awe! Poor broody. How did she die? Not enough food?
No, I'm really not sure but she had great condirion. She had only been setting for 2 or 3 days max. But the alpha hens would always push her off to lay eggs and I'm thinking she fought back this time. She was wedged in the wrong corner and the nest was spread out and boxes were moved. Except that no one had marks I would have thought a predator got in

No, I'm really not sure but she had great condirion. She had only been setting for 2 or 3 days max. But the alpha hens would always push her off to lay eggs and I'm thinking she fought back this time. She was wedged in the wrong corner and the nest was spread out and boxes were moved. Except that no one had marks I would have thought a predator got in
AWWW poor baby I hope the eggs will be ok :hit

AWWW poor baby I hope the eggs will be ok :hit
Yeah, she was a great bird. Eggs would have hatched around her first birthday too.

My mosaic and naked neck eggs went in yesterday at 5 so hopefully it isn't too staggered of a hatch. Had 3 too many though so I'm now hand turning

Attachments

• 20210420_072614.jpg
    20210420_072614.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 7
I'm so flocking happy! Our of the 6 eggs my broody had been on when she passed, 4 are healthy, and 1 more looks okay, but it may be younger too. The last.... well, I'm not sure. I'm fairly sure it's a bloodring. It wasnt very noticeable the night before yesterday, but now....

Here's the last egg and one of the healthy 4 for comparison. Not great images but I can't leave the incubator open without being right there and it's too light now for great pictures.
20210422_130759.jpg

20210422_130822.jpg

Thats awesome!!! I can’t tell if it is a blood ring I say incubate til there’s no debate
That's the plan. Got about 4 more days to incubate before the mosaics are at day 7 yo start checking, figured by then I'll definitely know if I only have 4 or 5 or all 6. I did candle again in a bathroom and thought maybe I saw something. I'm positive one section of my bator runs slightly cooler which may be making this happen

Foxfire day 6 (2 eggs pulled, one clear, and one leaking)
fr.PNG

below day 3 from a friend. The white to the right are duck eggs.
gres.PNG

below is one double egg I also have going
douba.PNG

I am still waiting on eggs from NC. NN/frizzle then I will be done.

I had to pull another clear last night from my foxfire eggs. And I don't think the jumbo egg is fertile, I will give it one more day though... And when I pull it I will open it for all to see the double-ness.

Back
Top Bottom