2022 Chick Order

What a cute collection of chickens! You'll have to share pics of your green eggs next year when you get there.

We have one more order coming from Alchemist Farms end of June. 8 Ameraucana BBS, 15 FBCM, and 14 Welsummer. Going to see if we can't get some good speckled green eggs over the next few years. First project so fingers crossed.
We've only done spring chicks before so these June ones will be the first "later" babies. I'm looking forward to having pullet eggs through the winter if possible. And to not have to have so much supplemental heat going on. Next year I'm tentatively planning to hatch out some chicks in Feb/Mar for local sales and then to do our batch of chicks around June so they don't need to be on much supplemental heat after the first two weeks except for at night.
I will update! It’s our first green layer, so hoping for extra pretty eggs lol.

Tag me in your project post! Mine is similar, but with lesser quality stock 😅

Not worrying so much about heat would be awesome, plus I’m excited to get them out of the house. Even with the paper pellets, I’m over the dust. Haven’t been able to properly do laundry for months 😩

That's so awesome! We had 31 total in February and it was a handful. Loved the full assortment of chicks though and it's quite a joy to see them all out in the run and pasture now.

Congrats! What did you order?
5 Red JungleFowl

5 Brassy Back OEGBs

3 Saipan JungleFowl.

Just received some Ayam Ketawa hatching eggs today.
20220517_174218.jpg

I ordered the large cackle surprise box for a March 2022 hatch date!!

FYI:

One thing I thought was strange was when ordering it made me click a box agreeing to use a heat lamp vs my usual sweeter heater, or any heat plate for that matter.
I thought that was odd, considering heat lamps are risky as far as fire goes.
Of course I am not going to risk burning down my coop, and the horse barn.

I wonder if they have you click "Use a heat Lamp" to cover themselves for people that buy chicks then provide NO heat of any type?

I wonder if they have you click "Use a heat Lamp" to cover themselves for people that buy chicks then provide NO heat of any type?

My understanding is that a number of people have had chicks die because they got chilled in shipping and the heat plates aren't capable of warming a seriously-chilled chick because they don't heat the ambient air.

Back
Top Bottom