Ended 2022 Chicken Gift-Ideas Giveaway - Over $500 In Gifts Up To $35 Each!

Pics
Lol- me neither.. but the girls love the fabric and like wiping their dirty beaks and feet all over me.. all.. over.. me... 🤣
Yes, mine try to land on me, sit on me, wipe beaks on me, so whatever I wear goes straight into the washing machine upon entering the house. 😆 It looks like a useful item to wear for sure, considering getting one.

Last edited:
full

Our 12/11/2022 Winners

#429 - @Beckys Birds with a 7 Packs Chicken Toys set posted HERE!
1670773134372.png

and

#558 - @AmyMon with a Renewold Farm Chickens Makeup Bag posted HERE!
1670773146553.png

@Beckys Birds & @AmyMon, I will contact you shortly with instructions on how to claim your prize.

My neighbor feeds some wild critters. After having paper plates blow all over the place, usually ending up in my yard, And pans getting very nasty, I told her to try just a landscaping block. As she is going to put it out there 5 PM sharp, They know that routine and food won't sit there long. If it does happen to rain, it will not collect because it's a flat surface. That was a couple years ago and she stuck with it ever since because it has worked the best. It's elevated enough that the critters lick clean the surface and it does not get nasty. No matter how windy it gets, it will never blow anywhere. Just remember not to hit it with the Mower. 😆 Maybe give that a try. It's the only thing that has worked with the wild critters around here anyway.
I use a similar method, i have some stepping stones between the house and the duck-house and deposit small amounts of cracked corn on these. Yes, that works fine, but i still have to do that and due to my job i am not able to hold on to any kind of schedule, so the idea is to build or obtain some kind of feeder that holds a larger amount and protects it against the weather and the deer.

https://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Feeder-Rainproof-Outdoor-Metallic/dp/B0829DBK21/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1LJ4H5397LX5&keywords=rentacoop+chicken+feeder+trough+poultry+50+lb&qid=1670788664&sprefix=rentacoop+chicken+feeder+teough+poultry+50+l,aps,203&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

Mounted Metallic Trough Poultry Feeder: Waterproof (50 lbs) by RentACoop Store on Amazon would make an amazing gift. I have two of these. They are truly remarkable! They’ve never leaked, and they actually hold an entire 50lb bag of feed. These will forever be my favorite poultry feeders on the market for ease of use and functionality!

B1C210EE-FA74-445B-8FA2-C49F748A7C5C.png

Last edited:
Not an entry, I've already posted mine for the day.... but I HAD to share this one:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/stall-dry-absorbent-deodorizer?cm_vc=-10011
This stuff WORKS!!! And it's cheap!
I have a large coop with currently 46 birds, and I use the deep litter method with wood chips. I HATE coop cleaning, and tend to procrastinate until the smell gets bad. Last time I cleaned it all out and started fresh (maybe August? September?) I tried out this Stall Dry product on top of their wood chips. I had about 75 birds in there at the time.
I have noticed NO smell since.
NONE.
Today I had to do something, suspecting the smell would be awful under the top layer once I disturbed the chips. Bad weather is coming. And I have a recent back injury that absolutely has not allowed me to scoop out the coop, yet. To my great surprise, the wood chips were not completely sodden nor smelly. They were full of manure to be sure, but it was mostly dry and fluffed up with little effort with a pitchfork! In the past at this point, the mess would be packed into a solid wet mass and I'd have to take it out one scoop at a time. Not so, today, thank goodness.
I was able to simply fluff up the existing chips and manure, mixed in a good amount of new Stall Dry, added another good layer of Stall Dry on top, and fresh wood chips on top of that. I'm encouraged that the old matter underneath will provide some heat as it composts, and insulation on the coop floor - as long as it keeps moisture down and no ammonia smell.
I believe it will get us through the winter!
LOVE this stuff!
1670796300951.png

Back
Top Bottom