Ended 2022 Chicken Gift-Ideas Giveaway - Over $500 In Gifts Up To $35 Each!

Pics
Last edited:
I'd really love to have one of these weather stations, to plan activities for my chickens, cattle, and gardening.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...th-pro-5-in-1-sensor-pc-connect-wind-and-rain
View attachment 3346679
Absolutely! My biggest thing is wind direction, not all apps make it easy to see so I love an app that shows it & how it can change direction hourly in a forecast. I do Not Ever want rain blowing into any coop or loft, especially when I'm not there. 99% of the time if you see my phone in my hand, I'm either on BYC or checking the weather app for my flock & my DH can attest to that! 😆
If I'm laughing he knows I'm on BYC, if my eyes are wide with anxiety, he knows the weather app shows a storm coming.

Last edited:
Yup! I was checking out dishes lately and was shocked when they said they considered microwave safe..."You can put it in a microwave...on low, up to one minute???"
Now please tell me who only microwaves something for 1 minute? Really?
Just be honest & say it ain't safe!!!

I don't think one can have too much cast iron. I would think the dutch oven piece would make a good chicken fryer.
View attachment 3345058
(my image)
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/lodge-5-piece-cast-iron-cookware-set?cm_vc=-10005
Just ordered from that company, outstanding quality! Just wanted to share because all iron ware is Not the same. I had an awful skillet years ago, it smelled putrid & ended up in the trash, not made well & not made in USA.
Lodge company is USA & they've got wonderful products & caring company philosophy.
https://www.lodgecastiron.com/about-lodge

Here is the problem: These are wild mallards! They may not be here on mornings, but come from somewhere else around noon. I had placed poultry feeders outside, close to the house and they got knocked over and in one ocasion trampled by the deer, who are also after the cracked corn. And if the deer wouldn't come, there was a shower and the content of the feeder got wet and would not slide out anymore. But i will find a solution…
My neighbor feeds some wild critters. After having paper plates blow all over the place, usually ending up in my yard, And pans getting very nasty, I told her to try just a landscaping block. As she is going to put it out there 5 PM sharp, They know that routine and food won't sit there long. If it does happen to rain, it will not collect because it's a flat surface. That was a couple years ago and she stuck with it ever since because it has worked the best. It's elevated enough that the critters lick clean the surface and it does not get nasty. No matter how windy it gets, it will never blow anywhere. Just remember not to hit it with the Mower. 😆 Maybe give that a try. It's the only thing that has worked with the wild critters around here anyway.

Couldn't figure out how to get rid of the quoted text monikers when I replied, apologies! New at this. BUT, this chick waterer with adjustable legs is THE BEST!

View attachment 3344051
https://www.amazon.com/Roostys-Chic..._bap_m_aisles_rp_aisle_0_ttr_0_9_t&pldnSite=1

We had turkey poults and chicken chicks in the brooder together (for company, since our mixed flock is small), but the poults grew so fast they were a bit clumsy and kept spilling or fouling the original chick waterer. This larger, adjustable model worked well for ALL our babies from banty to standard to poult all the way thru to being fully integrated into the coop with the adult birds.

Update: now available in green -- which I would have picked had it been available at the time, since it would have matched the old one -- but they figured it out pretty quickly, since it was in the same place :)
I love the feeders with legs but my Guineas are nutty birds & kept knocking them over. I took some bricks & used them to wedge the legs & the waterer & feeder stay where I put them now. Just thought I'd share, in case y'all have some rambunctious birds, too. 😆

I ordered some in 2020 raising chicks & I love them! Now they come in very handy when I want to give them smaller amounts of something...a vitamin or ACV mixture for a day, or the calcium grit for the hens to peck at, or setting up a separate area for 1 Hen or Roo That might need a recovery cage or a time out...can monitor what they've eaten or drank easily. I think my favorite part about it is when I unscrew the base I can reach my whole hand in there to scrub it out properly. 👍

Back
Top Bottom