Ended Official BYC 2023 Summer Fair Contest—Artwork Contest

thats all folks GIF

This contest has officially ended. Winners will be announced soon! Stay tuned!

Thanks to all the participants for your wonderful entries.

congratulations00.gif

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging, and we have our winners!
@RobertaD1, @Chive, @HorseGirlAbby, @Karasu, @Jenbirdee, @Chicksandplants, @TheWasp, @Muscovy Wunda, @Awaytome, @DonyaQuick, @silentmaple, & @1dermaker1

The competition was fierce, and we had so many great entries that we broke them down into 3 categories: Drawing, Painting, and Everything Else.

Drawing Category

First Place - @RobertaD1
2nd, Is a 16 x 20 Colored Pencil.
Resized_20201103_110430.jpeg

Second Place - @Chive
Entry 3
Colored pencil on 9in x 12in tan sketch paper.

Australian Shepherd Dog
IMG_5099.jpeg

Third Place - @HorseGirlAbby
Well, I was going to enter the first piece of artwork, but I guess I’ll have to settle for second
:p

Horse head, graphite drawing.
IMG_1203.jpeg

Fourth Place - @Karasu
Graphite pencil on medium weight drawing paper. Subject is a jay sitting on a stump. I wanted to play with contrast in this piece and explore a more abstract background instead of fully detailing each area.
entry.jpg

Painting Category

First Place - @Jenbirdee
Coon in the Corn, acrylic paint on canvas.
CA8F506B-E7CF-4AAD-BFDA-74EC33F8FA98.jpeg

Second Place - @Chicksandplants
Scar-Jo
She’s a work in progress. Oil paint on canvas.
IMG_0896.jpeg

Third Place - @TheWasp
"The Empress"
Acrylics on Canvas

IMG_0883.JPG

Fourth Place - @Muscovy Wunda
Entry 1, (if it's allowed, followed a paint and sip tutorial on youtube)
Discription: Mother duck and babies on the water
Medium: acrylic
20230528_174443.jpg

Everything Else Category

First Place - @Awaytome
Hen on a Basket. Cone 6 stoneware pot, slab and altered construction, frost white glaze.

chickpot.JPG

Second Place - @DonyaQuick
I had been wondering about posting a 3D printed sculpture and saw there was some discussion of whether 3D prints are acceptable. Apologies if they were deemed unsuitable and I missed it.

This is a rooster I digitally sculpted, printed, and painted this year. I did the sculpt in Blender with a combination of mouse/keyboard and one of those digital stylus pad things that USBs into the computer. I printed the model using a small resin 3D printer, gave it a bit of a clean up with small files, and then painted it with acrylics. It stands about 2 inches tall.

the_happy_rooster_sculpt.jpg

(Since I saw authorship could be an issue for this medium, I'll be upfront that I've been making all of my digital sculpts publicly available to the 3D printing community elsewhere, but it'll show up under the same name as here)

Third Place - @silentmaple
Category: Everything Else
Glazed Ceramic D20 With Dragon
1690242800632.png

Fourth Place - @1dermaker1
4th and final picture of Carved blown brown chicken egg.
2010-03-24 00.10.09.jpg

@RobertaD1, @Chive, @HorseGirlAbby, @Karasu, @Jenbirdee, @Chicksandplants, @TheWasp, @Muscovy Wunda, @Awaytome, @DonyaQuick, @silentmaple, & @1dermaker1, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes Later today!

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!!
:bow
:clap

Great job everyone, this was so much fun!!
:wee

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to judge all of the contests. I know they were incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our
BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them).​

congratulations00.gif

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging, and we have our winners!
@RobertaD1, @Chive, @HorseGirlAbby, @Karasu, @Jenbirdee, @Chicksandplants, @TheWasp, @Muscovy Wunda, @Awaytome, @DonyaQuick, @silentmaple, & @1dermaker1

The competition was fierce, and we had so many great entries that we broke them down into 3 categories: Drawing, Painting, and Everything Else.

Drawing Category

First Place - @RobertaD1

Second Place - @Chive

Fourth Place - @Karasu

Painting Category

First Place - @Jenbirdee

Third Place - @TheWasp

Everything Else Category

First Place - @Awaytome

@RobertaD1, @Chive, @HorseGirlAbby, @Karasu, @Jenbirdee, @Chicksandplants, @TheWasp, @Muscovy Wunda, @Awaytome, @DonyaQuick, @silentmaple, & @1dermaker1, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes Later today!

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!!

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to judge all of the contests. I know they were incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our
Congratulations to all the winners! That was some amazing artwork y’all made. Can’t wait for next year!

congratulations00.gif

Drawing Category

First Place - @RobertaD1

Second Place - @Chive

Fourth Place - @Karasu

Painting Category

First Place - @Jenbirdee

Third Place - @TheWasp

Everything Else Category

First Place - @Awaytome

thank you.png

And THANK YOU to our
Congratulations to the winners!

Back
Top Bottom