Ended 2022 Chicken Gift-Ideas Giveaway - Over $500 In Gifts Up To $35 Each!

Pics
Some of the items photos can be copied but not all, at least that's a dilemma I've run into at times.

Yes, trying to copy photos off Amazon is tricky.
I just use my phone or tablet to pull things up and take a screenshot to post.

Feed scoops come in handy for a lot of things.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/3-quart-feed-scoop

C51417F1-665B-4E82-B7EE-DC1241E3D9EE.jpeg

Attachments

• B41B2015-E35B-410A-A235-28F73672AE95.jpeg
    B41B2015-E35B-410A-A235-28F73672AE95.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 1
  • F17574AA-CFC8-4BE3-8ADA-34B50D7A000F.jpeg
    F17574AA-CFC8-4BE3-8ADA-34B50D7A000F.jpeg
    730.3 KB · Views: 1
Not an entry, I've already posted mine for the day.... but I HAD to share this one:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/stall-dry-absorbent-deodorizer?cm_vc=-10011
This stuff WORKS!!! And it's cheap!
I have a large coop with currently 46 birds, and I use the deep litter method with wood chips. I HATE coop cleaning, and tend to procrastinate until the smell gets bad. Last time I cleaned it all out and started fresh (maybe August? September?) I tried out this Stall Dry product on top of their wood chips. I had about 75 birds in there at the time.
I have noticed NO smell since.
NONE.
Today I had to do something, suspecting the smell would be awful under the top layer once I disturbed the chips. Bad weather is coming. And I have a recent back injury that absolutely has not allowed me to scoop out the coop, yet. To my great surprise, the wood chips were not completely sodden nor smelly. They were full of manure to be sure, but it was mostly dry and fluffed up with little effort with a pitchfork! In the past at this point, the mess would be packed into a solid wet mass and I'd have to take it out one scoop at a time. Not so, today, thank goodness.
I was able to simply fluff up the existing chips and manure, mixed in a good amount of new Stall Dry, added another good layer of Stall Dry on top, and fresh wood chips on top of that. I'm encouraged that the old matter underneath will provide some heat as it composts, and insulation on the coop floor - as long as it keeps moisture down and no ammonia smell.
I believe it will get us through the winter!
LOVE this stuff!
View attachment 3347137
How do you use it? Just sprinkle it on top of the chips?

Back
Top Bottom