Ended 2022 Chicken Gift-Ideas Giveaway - Over $500 In Gifts Up To $35 Each!

Pics
Douglas Black Multi Chick Plush Stuffed Animal https://a.co/fQB44tt
I think I'll get this adorable little chick for my 6 yo neice. It looks like my BR cockerel, Foggy. She loves all the videos I send of him just being his hilarious and outgoing self.
Screenshot_20221212_132902.jpg

Permethrin! Gotta have it on hand in case you have a need! 10 Livestock & Premise Spray, 1 Quart, 9291082View attachment 3347763
Just be careful with this stuff if you have cats. It acts as a neurotoxin to them, and will kill them. They can only handle a tiny bit, like in some cheap over the counter flea meds/collars/shampoos/powders, but can very easily not handle even those items, especially if ingested.

Just be careful with this stuff if you have cats. It acts as a neurotoxin to them, and will kill them. They can only handle a tiny bit, like in some cheap over the counter flea meds/collars/shampoos/powders, but can very easily not handle even those items, especially if ingested.
Don't worry. I read the label.

Don't worry. I read the label.
Just wanted to put the information out there. Not everybody reads labels as close, or they don't think it will happen to them.
Like me. It happened to me. I normally used Advantage Multi on both my dog and cats. I needed a cheaper flea med that month, so I got Frontline. The cat did not contain Permethrin, but the dog version did. My dog and cats were besties. An hour after application, my cats were noticably not right, and then they started having seizures. Luckily I was able to get them to the vet quick enough, and he saved their lives. I believe it led to my male cat developing inoperable abdominal cancer and my female cat developing feline dementia a few years later.
What I realized happened, was the cats groomed my dog's neck, where I had applied the Frontline.
So even those of us who are diligent can have "accidents".

I have cats, and they are fine as long as you don't spray them with it.

Back
Top Bottom