21c Museum - Bentonville, AR - SUPER NEAT PIGEON EXHIBIT

dirtroadwifey

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 5, 2015
sw missouri
I went to the 21c Museum today for my friend's birthday. The first exhibit in the building was this amazing pigeon display.

some flyers and pamphlets, i loved illustrations.

These were hand stitched pigeon cigar carriers , the colors were so vivid and they all had suttle patterns and prints.

surviving cigars casted in resin.

and best of all, the beautiful pigeons!

all on the inside of the buliding in this cute little house!! I hope you all get to go see this exhibit while it's still there. I had no idea what today had in store when i arrived!

i love it
tongue.png

I called you there and found out it will be in town until August! :p

Good thing too, I didn't get my fill of the exhibit the first time I went. I hope you get a chance to go see it. Beautiful town, food and atmosphere. And birds. : )

Was it all/all about carrier racer homer pigeon breed, or others shown n talked about also? What was writing? as wasnt able to read..
maybe more things like these should and will pop up by more enthusaists, and can maybe get rid of non true myths of diseased "rats with wings" "flying rats" n "sky rats". that woody allen coined n then extermination companies promoted n profit big time on, cause as we know that pigeons as whole are hard to eradicate by artificial means once established in cities, but much cleaner than many other birds especially sadly beloved song birds.

Last edited:
that writing is details about those cigars cast in resin, it says those cigars were smuggled from havana to key west carried by pigeon.

Its hard for me to read also, it also details the names of the three pigeons that carried them and who they were named after

she said only the first exhibit was about pigeons , its an art museum/ hotel/ restaurant

i looked it up, to be more specific the first exhibit was about an artist guy Duke Riley and those were his harnesses and smuggled cigars from 2013. the link doesn't tell you anything about it but it is his show link.

http://www.21cmuseumhotels.com/bentonville/museum/exhibits/duke-riley-see-finish-line/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom