22 weeks old and still not crowing.

I'm almost thinking it might be because he's one of the younger chickens. I have 2 groups, ones that were hatched end of April and ones i got mid June. When I put them together he was by far NOT the head chick! He's got his 3 girls but the other 4 want nothing to do with him and had actually pulled out his tail feathers at one point.

Last edited:
I've had some that started crowing before twenty weeks and some well after. I wouldn't worry too much...it'll happen. I do love the first crows, though! They tend to be so awkward and comical that it is hard not to laugh.

I'm almost thinking it might be because he's one of the younger chickens. I have 2 groups, ones that were hatched end of April and ones i got mid June. When I put them together he was by far NOT the head chick! He's got his 3 girls but the other 4 want nothing to do with him and had actually pulled out his tail feathers at one point.
He has to get his "brave on". He'll wake up one of these days and realize he IS the rooster and should be the leader of the flock.

Back
Top Bottom