23 weeks and counting...Our first meal from our girls!!

Still nothin'.....

pop.gif

Just got my first egg!! ( I think I've posted this all over the site!)
So there is still hope for you. It's so cold here today so I didn't think today would be the day, but one hen decided it was!
It's a nice egg too for a first one. Probably is med. size, good shell and form. I'll have to post a picture. I know I'm supposed to go to photobucket. I assume that's another website? Then what?

Steph

The girls are now officially 22 weeks old....still waiting for that egg.

pop.gif

I'll say no more - getting choked up just thinking about it.

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

hit.gif

Some of my pullets did not start laying this year until they were 26 weeks old. Most people I talk to say their hens are not laying until much later than is common.

I am getting between 19 and 24 eggs a day now which means out of 47 some are still NOT laying or many are laying every other day. It is a hard wait and see game they play with us! LOL

The first will come and then one day you will open the fridge and see 12 dozen eggs snuggled nicely in their cartons waiting to be delivered to nice people who love eggs.

We got a surprise egg today - and I believe its from one of my standards... they'll be 22 weeks in two days.... I just don't know who DUN IT!

(the egg is a little messed up it was broken and thin shelled, then on the end of the egg a big "knot" of shell - weird)
Pic's:
The little white egg on the table to the right is one of my bantams eggs....also wood shavings in the bowl - was stuck to the goo...
IMG_2289.jpg

Last edited:
I got a first egg from one of my girls yesterday, it's about time now I've got 5 laying. I got 5 eggs yesterday and only 1 today, I quess most took Sunday off.

The proud layer

What a long skinny egg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom