23rd day eggs havent hatched.

NikaStar

Chirping
Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone.
I have 2 chickens sitting on eggs. Marked eggs June 23rd 2022. On July 13 first 2 eggs hatched (tan eggs), 3 blue/greenish eggs are still not hatched. When candling them they look formed and alive. I did the float test and to me they seem to past the test. The float where air bubble is.. about 10% floats up... attached are pics of the 3 eggs in the flat test. Any thoughts? I'm worried the chickens will abandon them since now they are a little occupied with the 2 chicks.
20220716_105019.jpg
20220716_104528.jpg
20220716_104451.jpg

I'd give them till day 25 too be 100% sure they're not gonna make it.

If you have an incubator for emergency hatching(Abandoned eggs), you can finish them up, or at least attempt too.

so both chickens have chicks? or can you sneak these under the other chicken. hard when there is a staggered hatch date. I guess I would wait until day 25, but like another said have an incubator set up.

so both chickens have chicks? or can you sneak these under the other chicken. hard when there is a staggered hatch date. I guess I would wait until day 25, but like another said have an incubator set up.
The 2 chicks that hatched are from my large gray chicken. The other 3 are from my black chicken... but they both seem to take part in raising them together. The chciks are also trading chickens- they will either be under one ans they go to the other. It's like they accepted them both as their moms... if that's possible.

Also the chickens will also trade eggs. One will take 2 and the other will take 1 and sit on them. But they both are friendly to each other.

Back
Top Bottom