24 hours!! Pre-Spring Mixed Orp Eggs ~Lavender~Isabel~B/B/S~Split~ 8+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Jan 30, 2011.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    This pen is mixed for the Winter and as I separate, I'll sell eggs since their production has picked up. Some of the pics show birds other than Orps, but those are older pics, and these have been Orps only for months. My birds are big, heavy, friendly productive layers, and we select for size, shape and temperament. The color projects will be separated by March.

We have 5 Isabel F1s, which will produce either an incomplete Gold-Laced Split to Lavender or Isabels. We have Lavenders, Blue, Splash, and Lavender Split. All eggs will be split to Lavender. These are housed together. I will provide 8+ fresh eggs, based on what they give me.

Because this is a mixed pen, I'm starting the eggs very low, but keeping the auction short, so keep an eye on it!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I forgot to post that I'm NPIP Certified, and I ship in specially made foam.

3. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Someone emailed me asking about the ratio: 1 Isabel F1 roo, 6 Isabel F1 hens (I put 5 by accident in the original post), 2 Lavender roos, 6 Lavender hens, 2 Split roos, 3 Split hens, 2 Splash hens, 1 Splash roo, 1 Blue hen. That being said, there is a minute possibility the offspring might NOT carry Lavender, but because the Alpha roo is a Lavender and is VERY territorial and in-charge, it's very unlikely. The other Lav roo is Beta. The others are big chickens....literally and figuratively.

4. joeyg4583

joeyg4583 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Brighton
    Man I want these soooo bad but I'm leaving town Thursday [​IMG] whoever gets them enjoy them for me [​IMG]

5. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Only because I have eggs coming and don't have room for them that I am not bidding on them...........bummer.................

6. marquisella

marquisella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Do you have pics of the Isabels?

7. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:No, as these girls just started laying. The Isabel F1s are the incomplete-gold-lacing birds, and they are already split to Lavender, so the offspring will be diluted to a buttery color with Lavender. It hasn't been done yet, as far as I know, so these will be the first. The closest thing I can say if you want to look at the predicted coloration is Porcelain d'Uccles, and here is a shot of some of mine. The difference is that Porcelain has the white mottled tips as well as the buff and black diluted by Lavender.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by