25 Days of Christmas 2020.....Traditions, Movies, and More

What day did your Christmas tree go up??

• Before Thanksgiving

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Thanksgiving weekend

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • First week of December

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Christmas Eve

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • With Rum

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I leave it up year round

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I don’t put up a tree

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Whenever the funk I get around to it

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Orthodox 12 days of Christmas

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other..explained in comments

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
daughter and I took granddaughter to a Polar Express train ride in Schenectady when she was 4or 5. She loved the book-Train ride was after dark--kids were supposed to wear pajamas. It was just like the book---tickets to be punched, scraggly passenger wandering around, hot chocolate with music and dancing. Train travelled about 20 min, arrived at North Pole, all illuminated and Santa came on board. Each kid got a bell. She is 12, but still talks about that night

My mother grew up in a predominantly Eastern European town in PA, where the Russians were orthodox. They always put up their (real) tree a few days before Christmas, and kept it up through the full 12 days of Christmas, taking it down just after orthodox Christmas. I keep that tradition, so my main tree will not be up until perhaps a week before Christmas. My son has a small tree in his room, however, which he can put up any time after Thanksgiving!

My decorations outside are already up! This year needs a lot of Christmas cheer, I think.

Does anyone else like The Polar Express movie? The animation is a bit odd, but I find the movie to have many layers of meaning.
i added your option to the poll! And yes, polar express is on our list!! when we were making the list, mr muddy said that “tom hanks train movie” 🤣🤣🤣

I love Christmas Movies but I also love Comedy Movies.
The Week of Christmas Movies are:
Nightmare Before Christmas
Christmas Vacation
Christmas Vacation 2
Christmas Story
Gremlins
Elf
i had also forgotten to add Christmas Vacation 2!! this thread has proven soooo helpful!!

daughter and I took granddaughter to a Polar Express train ride in Schenectady when she was 4or 5. She loved the book-Train ride was after dark--kids were supposed to wear pajamas. It was just like the book---tickets to be punched, scraggly passenger wandering around, hot chocolate with music and dancing. Train travelled about 20 min, arrived at North Pole, all illuminated and Santa came on board. Each kid got a bell. She is 12, but still talks about that night
We took our son on a Polar Express train ride, too, in NJ. He loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom