25 Days of Christmas 2020.....Traditions, Movies, and More

What day did your Christmas tree go up??

• Before Thanksgiving

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Thanksgiving weekend

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • First week of December

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Christmas Eve

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • With Rum

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I leave it up year round

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I don’t put up a tree

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Whenever the funk I get around to it

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Orthodox 12 days of Christmas

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other..explained in comments

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
The kinds I like are like $4-$5 at the store by our house and the organic type ones are like $6-$8 or even almost $9 :eek: :th

I haven’t looked at other stores. 🤔

Their brand is like $2 or $3. Think it’s on sale right now for $2.50.

You guys are making me want to investigate Aldis. 😂🤣

I can’t imagine having so many near me :eek:

My uncle and aunt love their Aldis but I haven’t been in ours since it opened. Maybe I will today.

The kinds I like are like $4-$5 at the store by our house and the organic type ones are like $6-$8 or even almost $9 :eek: :th

My uncle and aunt love their Aldis but I haven’t been in ours since it opened. Maybe I will today.

The Kwik Trips sell “Foremost” butter. I have never seen a difference in butters. So I just go for the cheapest.

I have no idea how wide spread “Kwik trips” are. However, they do bring down the price of certain items in the area.

Notably, to me, because we buy them;

Bananas. 39 cents a pound
Huge baking potatoes. 39 cents a pound

I think that concludes the list of food we buy there. Gas is also about 4 cents cheaper in Kwik Trip areas.

The Kwik Trips sell “Foremost” butter. I have never seen a difference in butters. So I just go for the cheapest.

I have no idea how wide spread “Kwik trips” are. However, they do bring down the price of certain items in the area.

I think that concludes the list of food we buy there. Gas is also about 4 cents cheaper in Kwik Trip areas.
Yeah I might start buying just regular butter cause when I cook with it you can’t even taste it anyway 😂🤣 we have actually gotten the store brand before and it’s pretty good but I am curious if there are other stores where it’s cheaper.

And oh wow that’s definitely cheap!! :eek: I know at the store near us sweet potatoes are like 99 cents a pound :th sometimes they go “on sale” for like I think 89 or 79 but not that often 🙄 they are huge though at least most of the time. I think the regular potatoes are a similar price.

Market Basket has them for cheaper but I don’t think they are true sweet potatoes. I think they’re yams???? Idk. Gotten them before and definitely not the same so not worth the slight difference in price. The rest of their produce is incredible though, always gorgeous bright colors and fresh, and delicious. And reasonable. 😁

I never really thought about a store bringing down prices. Yes, it makes sense, perfect sense, but I dont think anyone here goes by that logic. In one area, as in a shopping center, we have two large higher priced grocery stores, an Aldi that opened several years ago, and another high priced large grocery store that just opened a little over a year ago. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

I never really thought about a store bringing down prices. Yes, it makes sense, perfect sense, but I dont think anyone here goes by that logic. In one area, as in a shopping center, we have two large higher priced grocery stores, an Aldi that opened several years ago, and another high priced large grocery store that just opened a little over a year ago. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
:eek:

We have a high priced grocery store in town that actually replaced another also high priced one that was there 😂 DB & SIL go there a lot I think, there and BJs and I’m always like whyyyyyyyy 😂🙈

We also have a Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods but those are both farther away and in the other direction hahah

Walk on the wild side and hit an Aldi’s but bring a quarter. You will need it to get a cart.

Walk on the wild side and hit an Aldi’s but bring a quarter. You will need it to get a cart.
I definitely will today! I’m curious now! 😂 gonna hit Market Basket and Walmart too since they’re all right near each other and I need something from Walmart anyway. If they even have it. I will see. And good call! Thanks! I forgot about that!

I just can’t figure out how to make them fast.

The prep for them sucks. Have to make a truck load to make it worth it. Then..... see above.
A work friend once had a tamale making party. We each brought a filling and she made the dough. It was tons of fun (and delicious). But I won't make them at home for all the reasons you just stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom