25 Days of Christmas 2020.....Traditions, Movies, and More

What day did your Christmas tree go up??

• Before Thanksgiving

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Thanksgiving weekend

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • First week of December

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Christmas Eve

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • With Rum

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I leave it up year round

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I don’t put up a tree

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Whenever the funk I get around to it

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Orthodox 12 days of Christmas

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other..explained in comments

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of an exciting Christmas for me - it's my first Christmas with hubby, so we're in the process of figuring out traditions. We went with a very Charlie Brown Christmas tree that's about 2 feet tall that we're going to plant in the spring. We put up some lights and already bought each other gifts, but we're going to put together surprise stockings for Christmas morning.

Outside of that, lots of movies and planned gingerbread houses. We might also drive around and see Christmas lights later in the month.
stockings are still my favorite!! I hand made ours when we married, then did for our 2 kids, now have made one for new grandson's first Christmas. He won't rememberit, but he'll have his stocking. Daughter took her stocking with her when she married, and advised me in making her hubby's stocking. Trradition" always a tangerine in the toe, and new toothbrush and pair of silly socks included in stocking

This is the Winnie the Pooh tree 59230B54-6DA4-4C5C-AC2F-32E818D88D81.jpeg
And this is the regular family tree:
71C705AF-FB1F-40F0-B104-7F252E9A4469.jpeg

@Chookwagn ....i know it’s already December 2nd for you! :lau
Yep December is underway

thank you Ralphie..... the tree will go up "whenever the funk I get around to it"

seeing as its summer here..... tradition tells me we will be spending the day at the beach or lakes. See pic from last christmas (panorama so scuse the warping)

Attachments

• 20200104_124602.jpg
    20200104_124602.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 7
I can’t answer the poll. Usually the tree would always go up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year is weird. If I had a fake tree it would’ve gone up 3wks ago. Alas, there is still no tree in the house. :confused:

I watch Hallmark Christmas movies most of the year, but I don’t really enjoy them. They are good background noise & light late at night when you’re doing other things.

My all time fav Christmas movie is The Ref. It’s rated R for excessive language, so probably not a good one for the littles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom