25 Days of Christmas 2020.....Traditions, Movies, and More

What day did your Christmas tree go up??

• Before Thanksgiving

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Thanksgiving weekend

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • First week of December

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Christmas Eve

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • With Rum

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I leave it up year round

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I don’t put up a tree

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Whenever the funk I get around to it

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Orthodox 12 days of Christmas

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other..explained in comments

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
The year 2020 has been anything but normal (yes, we all know that) and I didn’t figure Christmas would change it any! And saying that means my Christmas isn’t gonna be like any other Christmas I’ve had. 😢

We (well, mostly my DH) usually put up several Christmas trees. The total number differs every year, but we do have a total of 12 large trees, each with their own theme and their own room when they go up.

This year only two made it up. I believe that is a first. Heck, I didn’t even put the lights on the coops or hang stockings on the run this year. Due to Covid, one of my sons and his family won’t be coming down. It’s just a real bummer. I grew up with my entire extended family getting together on Christmas Eve for appetizers and gifts. My other son and his family live on the farm next to us and will be here.

This Christmas dinner will be a simplified version with very few goodies. Ham is always good for us as we will eat along on it (I love fried ham for breakfast and supper) until it’s gone. My biggest Christmas must have is my grandmother’s fruit cake. That recipe has been passed down through many generations. It isn’t the brick of disgusting, citrine, hard-as-a-rock fruit cake everyone is gagging over just thinking about. It is a moist, nut and fruit filled cake baked in a tube pan. Words really can’t do it justice, you just have to see it and taste it. And I know what your thinking, but it does not resemble or taste anything like the old Claxton Fruit Cakes I’ve received as gifts many times over the years. :sick

Movies? Well, when my boys were little we always had to watch Ralphie in A Christmas Story almost shoot his eye out, have his mouth washed out with a bar of soap, and be double dog dared! (How any parent could get their kid a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun is beyond me! 🤣🤣) We also watched Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause (1 & 2), Home Alone (1 & 2), and Jack Frost. Now that it’s just the DH and me, we watch the Hallmark Channel movies, each year’s new Christmas movies and a few of the old favorites. I keep a checklist of them. Did you know there’s an app for that? Yep!

I believe that’s about it for the year 2020’s Christmas. Oh, and I can guarantee you that I’ll be fast asleep waaaaay before the ball drops!

Here’s hoping to a much, much better 2021!

Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄
Thank you so much for sharing that!!!

The year 2020 has been anything but normal (yes, we all know that) and I didn’t figure Christmas would change it any! And saying that means my Christmas isn’t gonna be like any other Christmas I’ve had. 😢

We (well, mostly my DH) usually put up several Christmas trees. The total number differs every year, but we do have a total of 12 large trees, each with their own theme and their own room when they go up.

This year only two made it up. I believe that is a first. Heck, I didn’t even put the lights on the coops or hang stockings on the run this year. Due to Covid, one of my sons and his family won’t be coming down. It’s just a real bummer. I grew up with my entire extended family getting together on Christmas Eve for appetizers and gifts. My other son and his family live on the farm next to us and will be here.

This Christmas dinner will be a simplified version with very few goodies. Ham is always good for us as we will eat along on it (I love fried ham for breakfast and supper) until it’s gone. My biggest Christmas must have is my grandmother’s fruit cake. That recipe has been passed down through many generations. It isn’t the brick of disgusting, citrine, hard-as-a-rock fruit cake everyone is gagging over just thinking about. It is a moist, nut and fruit filled cake baked in a tube pan. Words really can’t do it justice, you just have to see it and taste it. And I know what your thinking, but it does not resemble or taste anything like the old Claxton Fruit Cakes I’ve received as gifts many times over the years. :sick

Movies? Well, when my boys were little we always had to watch Ralphie in A Christmas Story almost shoot his eye out, have his mouth washed out with a bar of soap, and be double dog dared! (How any parent could get their kid a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun is beyond me! 🤣🤣) We also watched Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause (1 & 2), Home Alone (1 & 2), and Jack Frost. Now that it’s just the DH and me, we watch the Hallmark Channel movies, each year’s new Christmas movies and a few of the old favorites. I keep a checklist of them. Did you know there’s an app for that? Yep!

I believe that’s about it for the year 2020’s Christmas. Oh, and I can guarantee you that I’ll be fast asleep waaaaay before the ball drops!

I would be interested to know the name of that app!!! :pop
and i’ve been struggling with google sheets and paper lists :th

Merry Christmas back at you...

But your fruit cake sounds disgusting!!

I can find a recipe for a citron filled brick hard piece of fruitcake that only the most discriminating of taste buds can truly enjoy.. :plbb :plbb :plbb :plbb

The families not getting together is sad. The WW is having trouble with this too. I had hoped to go to the cabin and just read a few books and capture a few fish. But like all my other plans in 2020 they went sideways.

Mother Nature has decided we need a blizzard. I am hoping the weatherdorks are wrong, they are predicting 8 inches of snow -10 degrees and 45 mph winds. Not a good time to be on the ice.

@Mimi13 here from the mouth of babes is a hint as to what WW means..
1608734758187.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom