Pics

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
It's Hatch Day for my 15 Blue Australorps (5 Straight Run and 10 Pullets), and the 10 Asst. Brown Layers that I had to take because they were out of everything I actually wanted (Delaware, Ancona, and even Asst. White Layers). I'll either be selling those off quickly or giving them to my brother-in-law as soon as he can get a coop built.

Tonight we'll be moving the brooder down next to Neuchickenstein and putting the electric fence around it since I don't have the brooder section of the coop set up yet. Tomorrow I set up the brooder for the little ones and they ought to arrive Friday. :)

We've have moved the brooder and started the setup last night except that it was pouring rain. It might still be pouring rain tonight but we'll have to move it anyway since I can't move it by myself Thursday.

Oh My!

I'm off work today so I was going to set up the brooder, expecting the chicks to arrive on Friday. I just got the call and there's nothing ready yet!

Since the brooder hasn't even been moved into position I'm going to have to quickly set them up in the Little Monitor Coop -- hoping I have enough bedding (was purchasing more today), to do it.

I lost count on the one-by-one lift and dip beak in the water procedure, but I *think* there are 27.

I ordered:

10 Blue Australorp pullets,

5 Blue Australorp straight run (hoping for 1 good, Blue Australorp rooster,

10 Asst. Brown Layers (pullets), because all the breeds I actually *wanted* were unavailable.

I seem to have only one red chick, which is good because I really do not like red chickens at all.

There are 4 of the yellow ones with black striping on their backs, 2 black ones with small spots on their heads, and loads of blues, some darker, some lighter, and some with a distinct yellow wash.

I'm going to get out my catalog and play "Name That Chick!"

Here are the group photos. Next post will be the individual shots as they were lifted out.
0923211037a.jpg
0923211049.jpg
0923211049a.jpg
0923211053.jpg
0923211053a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom