250gal IBC tote for rain water

Domd28

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 1, 2013
Cabot, AR
I found a source for used IBC totes for my rain water collecting. It has a 2in outlet on it, I need to reduce the size of the outlet to accept a standard garden hose. I have been scouring the internet looking for something to make work. I was wondering what you have done to make this useful for a garden. If you can, post a picture and maybe a product number and or website that will deal in this type of thing. The valve on the tote is Banjo

Thank you

Last edited:
http://www.jmesales.com/catalog/ibc-adapters-hose-couplings,7287.htm
I did find this company you could call but I have never heard of them (not that I would have heard of a company like this LOL).

Ebay might have something too.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=c...2&type=198484&p=ibc+tote+reducer+2+inch+banjo
Here is my yahoo search if you want to see more. The above company was the first or so link listed.

But really I think it would be good to call one of these guys on these websites and ask a live person. It is kind of confusing looking at all the pics of these adaptors if you ask me!

You know, come to think of it, Graingers may have something like this. We have dealt with Graingers before. You could call them I think.

Thank you for the help.
I ended up going to Home Depot, I took the valve off and with me, I got a 2in female threaded adapter, a flat end cap that fit the open end, a pipe connector and a PVC style hose connector. I came home and used a paddle drill to make a hole in the middle of the end cap, pushed the small adapter through the hole, on the inside of the cap, I used plumbers putty (which I had already) to seal it, on the outside I used silicone and let it all dry. Then I pushed the hose connector in the adapter and re-installed it onto the tote. So far it seems to be doing the trick. If this don't hold up, I'll try Grainger, since we have a local store.

Thanks for the input.

Thank you for the help.
I ended up going to Home Depot, I took the valve off and with me, I got a 2in female threaded adapter, a flat end cap that fit the open end, a pipe connector and a PVC style hose connector. I came home and used a paddle drill to make a hole in the middle of the end cap, pushed the small adapter through the hole, on the inside of the cap, I used plumbers putty (which I had already) to seal it, on the outside I used silicone and let it all dry. Then I pushed the hose connector in the adapter and re-installed it onto the tote. So far it seems to be doing the trick. If this don't hold up, I'll try Grainger, since we have a local store.

Thanks for the input.
I am glad you found something! :)

Back
Top Bottom