2nd day of transit for my chicks and...Baby Chick Pics!

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
the Post Office has not called me yet. I called them yesterday to alert them to the chicks' arrival most likely today and they said they'd call me as early as I wanted (and I told them as soon as the chicks arrive to call me. Its COLD here-16 deg F. now.) They are coming from Welp (in Iowa) to me in NJ.
I'm so afraid now that they won't get here til tomorrow. Has anyone had chicks arrive the 3rd day after shipment and had them be OK? I've always had them arrive the next day or the 2nd day. I know it's early still in the morning, so hopefully they are still coming later this morning.
Oh I hope they are ok!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Lisa

Last edited:
pics soon. It took awhile, but my friend and I think we sorted out who is who. We ordered together and Welp was supposed to mark the heads of hers, but we didn't see much of anything looking like a head mark, so by internet searching of images and weeding out the feather legged, and chipmunk looking, and any other distinguishing marks, we decided to wait for feathers to show up and trade back what we have of each others. Why does that have to be so hard- so many of them look so much alike? I wanted the 2 halves of hte box to be hers and mine, but that wasn't how it was.
Anyways, I'll take pics soon and post them. I have 2 who probably won't make it- 1 stargazer/wryneck and 1 spraddle legged, but with a hip problem (do chicks have hips? haha) The leg turns totally around 180 degrees backwards.I've taped it up, but it doesn't standup or walk at all. The other foot's toes are curled and I've taped them too.I've held her since they arrived, and just don't have the heart do put her down. Poor thing-she's content to be held, but I don't see any future for her if she can't get around at all.
More soon
Thanks all!
Lisa

(can this thread be moved to another section if neede? Not sure if it still belongs here...)

I moved this to Raising Baby chicks
Lisa

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom