3 Ameraucana - Hen or Rooster?

MamaBelle5

Songster
Jun 23, 2020
Pennsylvania
Hi! We are sure of the two similarly colored ones. (Especially since they both crow). The dark colored one with the blue feathers we go back and forth on. Can you tell me if Bean (that's it's name) is a rooster or HOPEFULLY a hen?

Attachments

• IMG_20200623_121815.jpg
    IMG_20200623_121815.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20200623_121809.jpg
    IMG_20200623_121809.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200623_121810.jpg
    IMG_20200623_121810.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200623_121801.jpg
    IMG_20200623_121801.jpg
    928.1 KB · Views: 41
I know everyone here agreed that my Easter Egger with blue feathers is a cockerel, but I'm having my doubts. His comb isn't nearly as dark or developed as the other two (and they were all the same run), the other two have started trying to climb on him and grabbing his neck and he makes this terrible sound when they do. He doesn't try to fight back and I've never seen him be aggressive to the two cockerels or my other two hens. The one that climbed on him climbed on the white ones too. They're probably about 5 months old. He has yet to crow too. I can try to get better pictures tomorrow. Or is this all normal rooster aggression?
They are all boys. They have large combs and saddle feathers. He’s probably just the lowest in the pecking order and they are mating with him. My rooster has had one breed him because he’s lower in the pecking order.

The Easter Eggers are cockerels.
Compare yours' to mine?
View attachment 2234902View attachment 2234903
See, Chicky (our kids named them) looks almost exactly like yours. I guess Bean's differences are by parentage. This is our first time owning chickens. We ended up buying 4 more pullets because we had one/two in the mix, but the differences between Bean and the other Easter Eggers just confounds me. That and the way the one seems to keep mounting him and he almost screams about it like the two white hens. Thank you all for your answers.

See, Chicky (our kids named them) looks almost exactly like yours. I guess Bean's differences are by parentage. This is our first time owning chickens. We ended up buying 4 more pullets because we had one/two in the mix, but the differences between Bean and the other Easter Eggers just confounds me. That and the way the one seems to keep mounting him and he almost screams about it like the two white hens. Thank you all for your answers.
I have all females and occassionally the one highest in the pecking order will try to mount the others. She just showing that's shes the boss. Same for your cockerels. He must be on the bottom.

Hi! We are sure of the two similarly colored ones. (Especially since they both crow). The dark colored one with the blue feathers we go back and forth on. Can you tell me if Bean (that's it's name) is a rooster or HOPEFULLY a hen?
All three dark colored Easter Eggers are male.

Well that's what they were supposed to be at least.

Shoot. Thank you all. Hopefully my yellow ones (can't remember what they were) are at least female.

Back
Top Bottom