3 Ameraucana - Hen or Rooster?

I know everyone here agreed that my Easter Egger with blue feathers is a cockerel, but I'm having my doubts. His comb isn't nearly as dark or developed as the other two (and they were all the same run), the other two have started trying to climb on him and grabbing his neck and he makes this terrible sound when they do. He doesn't try to fight back and I've never seen him be aggressive to the two cockerels or my other two hens. The one that climbed on him climbed on the white ones too. They're probably about 5 months old. He has yet to crow too. I can try to get better pictures tomorrow. Or is this all normal rooster aggression?

I know everyone here agreed that my Easter Egger with blue feathers is a cockerel, but I'm having my doubts. His comb isn't nearly as dark or developed as the other two (and they were all the same run), the other two have started trying to climb on him and grabbing his neck and he makes this terrible sound when they do. He doesn't try to fight back and I've never seen him be aggressive to the two cockerels or my other two hens. The one that climbed on him climbed on the white ones too. They're probably about 5 months old. He has yet to crow too. I can try to get better pictures tomorrow. Or is this all normal rooster aggression?
They are all boys. They have large combs and saddle feathers. He’s probably just the lowest in the pecking order and they are mating with him. My rooster has had one breed him because he’s lower in the pecking order.

I know you all are going to think I'm crazy but I've attached more pictures. Bean's "saddle" feathers do not sit on the top like the other two's do. And they're not truly pointy. The blue makes them look pointy but there is brown there that rounds them off some. And his comb is lighter in color and far smaller than the other two. Could be whatever breeds made him I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_094625.jpg
    IMG_20200709_094625.jpg
    743.5 KB · Views: 8
  • MVIMG_20200709_094622.jpg
    MVIMG_20200709_094622.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200709_094539.jpg
    IMG_20200709_094539.jpg
    683 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200709_094507.jpg
    IMG_20200709_094507.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 8
I know you all are going to think I'm crazy but I've attached more pictures. Bean's "saddle" feathers do not sit on the top like the other two's do. And they're not truly pointy. The blue makes them look pointy but there is brown there that rounds them off some. And his comb is lighter in color and far smaller than the other two. Could be whatever breeds made him I guess.
He is 100% a cockerel.

The Easter Eggers are cockerels.
Compare yours' to mine?
View attachment 2234902View attachment 2234903
See, Chicky (our kids named them) looks almost exactly like yours. I guess Bean's differences are by parentage. This is our first time owning chickens. We ended up buying 4 more pullets because we had one/two in the mix, but the differences between Bean and the other Easter Eggers just confounds me. That and the way the one seems to keep mounting him and he almost screams about it like the two white hens. Thank you all for your answers.

Back
Top Bottom