3 birds missing

Nlhockey23

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2019
About 7 o'clock tonight I was outside and all 14 birds were outside. Went down at about 815 to close the coop up and my rooster plus two hens are gone. No sign of struggle and all the others seem fine. I walked our whole property and there is no sign of them anywhere. I almost think someone stole them because they are different looking birds. Any ideas

There are 2 of them

Attachments

• 20190417_173532.jpg
    20190417_173532.jpg
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190417_173522.jpg
    20190417_173522.jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 14
About 7 o'clock tonight I was outside and all 14 birds were outside. Went down at about 815 to close the coop up and my rooster plus two hens are gone. No sign of struggle and all the others seem fine. I walked our whole property and there is no sign of them anywhere. I almost think someone stole them because they are different looking birds. Any ideas
I am saddened to think that someone would steal chickens, but the sad fact is that it does happen. Last night I lost 11 - 8 week old chicks their first night outside in the run/coop to someone. My 4 Barred Rocks, 4 Golden Laced Wyandottes and 3 Silver laced wyandottes, I have installed padlocks today on the coop, run and nesting boxes and hopefully the 8 chicks I have left will be safe.

:welcome :frow @Nlhockey23 and @db1113, I noticed you are fairly new BYC members. @Nlhockey23 do you have a game camera? I have game cameras set up in different places on my property. Most nights especially, I see a predator. A couple of years ago I noticed things starting to come up missing. I got the thief on camera. Good luck...

Well I came to the conclusion it's a fox. Found 3 piles of feathers down a little ways from the house. I'm setting up the game camera now to see exactly what's going on

Back
Top Bottom