3 broody girls.

Pinklink5

In the Brooder
May 26, 2020
Hi all. I have three BCM that all went broody a while ago and I keep taking their eggs but they are insistent on staying in their nests. Granted I have twenty chickens and they all like to cram in. So I moved them into a separate area with a nesting box with actual hatch able eggs underneath them. Will a 4x4 coop with separate nesting boxes and a small outdoor run be enough space for them and the baby chicks, if any of them hatch?

Hi all. I have three BCM that all went broody a while ago and I keep taking their eggs but they are insistent on staying in their nests. Granted I have twenty chickens and they all like to cram in. So I moved them into a separate area with a nesting box with actual hatch able eggs underneath them. Will a 4x4 coop with separate nesting boxes and a small outdoor run be enough space for them and the baby chicks, if any of them hatch?
Yes. Can you take pics of the baby chicks?

No chicks yet I just gave the girls hatching eggs a couple days ago. I’m just wanting to make sure my girls have plenty of room to stretch when they get off the nest and if they do that the babes will have enough room.

If they are not separated from each other they usually run into problems, egg stealing, nest sharing egg breaking and they will jumb on the first hatched chick and abandon their eggs

Back
Top Bottom