3 Buff orpingtons have dies in 6 months...help!!

meltrav

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
We are new to raising chickens and we have had 3 Buffs die in the past 6 months. They always have access to fresh water, feed and have more then enough room in the coop and the run. They have some outside space to roam (not a lot, but enough to scratch and get bugs). We have intorduced 6 new Barred Rocks in the spring but there have been no conflicts betweenthem and they act as one flock.
Is this normal? Do Buffs ahve a short life span or am I doing something worng?
Thanks!

I'm sorry that I can't help you. You would need to describe what symptoms your birds are exhibiting, conditions, etc. Plus, you might get some more help if you were to move this thread to emergencies/diseases/illnesses and cures.

Thanks. I didn't realize I was in the wrong thread. The wierd thing is they have absolutly no signs of illness or any conditions. They are find one day and dead thenext. :(

That seems like a lot of loss. If you lose another, you might consider having a necropsy done so that you will know for sure what is going on. How old are these birds? How old were they when you got them? Where did you get them?

Back
Top Bottom