3 Cochin girls and one boy... or 2...

:confused:
Good catch Colt, I didn't read that part about her coloring being buff and agree that she is red. She is chestnut red like a New Hampshire Red rather than Mahogany red like your Rhode Island Red, WhoDat.

Have you seen the frizzle cockerel try to mate the silkie hen? I had a silver pencilled bantam cochin cockerel jump on his silkie "mom" and mate with her when he was only a month old. He calmed down after a while but it was annoying to see him do that. I wonder if that might be why she doesn't want him around.
Oh, good to know about the “red”... I was wondering to myself out there looking at all of them.. going... she isn’t as light as my BOrp and not as dark as my RIR...??
And my little roo is not a frizzle.. we thought the white one was going to be but she turned out flat... anyway, I think she is just trying to make them go on their own.. he hasn’t tried any shenanigans yet.. she mostly pecks at the two black ones.. one is a boy and one is a girl :confused:

Hi! I forgot about this.. :oops:...
All is well... they are the sweetest chickens of all!! They come right up to me to be picked up... mostly just the girls though.. but I make sure to pick up that boy and hold him even though he isn’t crazy about it :lol:... here’s... the group... and Camellia... and Gardenia
D3BF76C3-8C51-4018-A727-DF91B71C9EF0.jpeg
CBF6F77B-F838-46D4-A851-CC39E7494E3A.jpeg
68828804-F2E3-4F54-BD4C-97325EDE621F.jpeg

Is that the same bird? He’s looking blue I think? I like his name. Will have to watch the video when DS isn’t sleeping, I need to buy some headphones!
He’s a bit too dark for blue. ;) I believe it’s the lighting that makes him appear "blue" in some pictures. He’s a lovely Black Cochin Bantam.

Back
Top Bottom