3 day old chick leg problem

Annedeacon

Hatching
Jun 7, 2020
Hello,
I have a 3 day old chick that can’t use one of his legs, holds it up close to his body,today it has started to drop down but it doesn’t touch the ground.
I have looked at splayed legs and chick chair articles online but I’m unsure what to do to help him. Can anyone shed any light?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 10
Is the hock joint above the foot swollen or sore looking? Has she held the leg up since you have had her? She may have suffered an injury, but if it has been like that from the beginning, she might have a slipped tendon or a leg bone deformity.

Is the hock joint above the foot swollen or sore looking? Has she held the leg up since you have had her? She may have suffered an injury, but if it has been like that from the beginning, she might have a slipped tendon or a leg bone deformity.

It looks a little swollen compared to the good leg. Looks like it could be sore from rubbing on the floor. It’s been like that from day 1. I have been trying to get the chick moving but it’s really struggling on one leg.
how do I tell if it’s a slipped tendon? The leg does extend but trembles all the time.

Hello,
I have a 3 day old chick that can’t use one of his legs, holds it up close to his body,today it has started to drop down but it doesn’t touch the ground.
I have looked at splayed legs and chick chair articles online but I’m unsure what to do to help him. Can anyone shed any light?
Mine is doing the exact same thing!! Hope to find an answer here and how to treat it!

Back
Top Bottom