3 day old chick walks on hocks and cant stand....help/advice needed please

Update

So I treated the chick as if she had splay leg as her toes are a little curled and her feet wide apart. She manages to get up for short periods but her legs are still very bent. Her hocks have also got a little swollen as she was leaning on them alot. I have been giving her vitamin b2 for 4 days and she is alert abd active but her legs are not normal. She almost doesn't seem to have good balance. Any ideas what this could be?
I have attached some images. The bumps on her hocks are puss filled and have scabbed over. Please ignore her poop covered toe covers I was just about to change them out with fresh ones.
Looks like either two slipped tendons or another deformity. I personally haven't seen this improve. My Polish has a slipped tendon. She hobbles around ok, but I can't keep her with my "regular" flock because I don't want my rooster to mount her and I don't want her to get bullied. She and her sister have their own coop.

A bird with 2 bad legs will need lots of help. She might do fine with accommodations, or she might suffer from pain and problems with immobility.

Back
Top Bottom