3 days on Corid and they are still dying...15 days old all but 2 and they sick

Locate the crop and massage it a bit, if you feel something hard or if its full and does not empty after you massage it, it may be blocked. You can use either coconut oil or olive oil with a syringe and give it to the chick, then massage the crop. This works very well and seems to help a lot. Hope it helps you!

Sounds like its time to start over. Disinfect the area, wait 1-2 weeks, buy new chicks. But find out what they had to avoid cross contamination.

Locate the crop and massage it a bit, if you feel something hard or if its full and does not empty after you massage it, it may be blocked. You can use either coconut oil or olive oil with a syringe and give it to the chick, then massage the crop. This works very well and seems to help a lot. Hope it helps you!
Look up lipoid pneumonia before doing that.

-Kathy

I have 2 left...I ordered 4 new chicks to be delivered next week from a farm - not the feed store (which seems dirty, but with having so many at once maybe it's not...and it may not have anything to do with them at all but I don't want to try again. I bought 6 - 2 died - replaced 2 and started Corid - lost 4 more...the last 2 seem better) should I cancel my order and wait a bit longer. They are 3 weeks now?

I will look up lipoid pneumonia...I will also try to get some antibiotics from a vet but they are not close so

Back
Top Bottom