3 dead quails

Tenesexx

Chirping
Mar 3, 2020
England
Out of 13 quails 3 died 1 was dead under the brooder and the other two seemed to not have grown as big as their siblings they were weak and not plump with no energy what cpikdve been the reason for them not growing so big and only lasting a week ?these are two different birdies could it be genetic or wouldve I dome soemthing wrong ??? How can I avoid these sad deaths I've tried homemade electrolytes probiotic apple cider vinegar warmth and nothing ever comes out of it
20200321_094117.jpg
received_2845560575557432.jpeg

Sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately, quail chicks have a high mortality rate and seem to die for 'no reason'. You did everything you could for them.

I had a quail hen who hatched out 10 chicks, and only 3 made it to adulthood. Most of them died for seemingly 'no reason' (except two killed by rats). Hopefully the rest of your cuties make it.

How are the rest of them going now?

Sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately, quail chicks have a high mortality rate and seem to die for 'no reason'. You did everything you could for them.

I had a quail hen who hatched out 10 chicks, and only 3 made it to adulthood. Most of them died for seemingly 'no reason' (except two killed by rats). Hopefully the rest of your cuties make it.

How are the rest of them going now?
They are fluffed up mostly feathered and really energetic in the mornings knock on wood they are doing great so far 10 is good number for me

Back
Top Bottom