FTT or RUNT?

carebear66

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2024
I’m not able to make the decision (yet) on what to do with the little one named “Pity Pat”. She loves the other 3- and calms under the brooder. She stands alone, but continues to be wobbly. I’m feeding her, but she does not feed herself. I am willing to accept that this is a dead end road—-but I want to know from experience that I’m doing the right or wrong thing continuing to sustain her life sources. Probiotic, electrolyte, apple cider vinegar, yolk—and I cleaned her pasty butt.
She was an assisted hatch. Her sister most recent was also assisted and is thriving.

Please help with reality if you know anything more… TIA

Attachments

• IMG_0703.png
    IMG_0703.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    698.2 KB · Views: 6
Sorry about your chick.

How old is she?

I'd omit the ACV. Give egg yolk and electrolytes.

If you are already contemplating she is failing to thrive and it will likely be necessary to put her down, then this is probably the reality of it all.

No one can say when or if you should put her down, that's up to you.

Sorry about your chick.

How old is she?

I'd omit the ACV. Give egg yolk and electrolytes.

If you are already contemplating she is failing to thrive and it will likely be necessary to put her down, then this is probably the reality of it all.

No one can say when or if you should put her down, that's up to you.
Thank you. 🙏🏼 This is exactly the confirmation I needed from someone other than me just making an assumption. I will continue with this. She is about 3-4 days old.

Thank you. 🙏🏼 This is exactly the confirmation I needed from someone other than me just making an assumption. I will continue with this. She is about 3-4 days old.
Do the best you can, at 3-4 days and still not coming around to eat/drink on her own, the outlook is not very bright.

I'm so sorry. I've been there and it's very sad.

Back
Top Bottom