3 Easter Egger Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hangin'witthepeeps, Nov 9, 2009.

1. hangin'witthepeeps

hangin'witthepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Colbert, GA
    So my friend who gave me a SLW back in the spring gave me 3 green eggs today. I believe she has Easter Eggers and I know she has a rooster. So, has anyone tried incubating just 3 eggs? Should I put some of mine in there (mixed breed) just in case only one hatches? I want green egg layers REALLY BAD, but was going to wait until spring and hope one of my silkies or my LF cochin goes broody. I could easily brood 6 chicks or less as I have a small brooder box and a grow out box. I know these eggs are probably 7 days old or less. What advice can you give?

2. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I've done 2 hatches so far both with only 5. I say smaller the better what do they do with all those chicks?

3. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    yay easter eggers! I have a hen that has a pinky egg. Haven't figured out just who, but she's a good girl... How long will a fresh egg last before you can incubate?

4. hangin'witthepeeps

hangin'witthepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Colbert, GA
    I remember something about 10 days. I do not know if this is correct. May be someone with that experience can chime in and give us the correct information. I saw someone on here that hatched from refrigerated eggs from Trader Joe's (that said they were fertilized). Surely those things can sit and get older than 10 days?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by