3 eggs, Only 2 quail

RoosterHuggerLiz

Songster
Dec 27, 2020
I have two quail that have just turned six weeks old. This mory I finally decided to put a nesting box in there cage to prepare for when they started laying (I put a rubber ball in there to promote them to lay). About 2 hours later there was an egg, then around noon I heard one of them squawk and went into the living room to find another, I was excited because both of my girls started laying on the same day but then about a half an hour ago I hear one of them squawking again and I find a THIRD egg!! One of my two girls now seems a little lethargic and I'm worried she stressed herself, is there something wrong? Also the eggs seem really large compared to their bodies and I'm a little worried

It's my first time owning quail and I have no idea what I'm doing, help 🥲

When they first start to lay, their schedule can be quite irregular. It sounds like one of your young hens had two eggs in the pipeline and once the first one passed, the second came along shortly after. They will settle down to a more regular schedule of one almost daily within a couple weeks.

When they first start to lay, their schedule can be quite irregular. It sounds like one of your young hens had two eggs in the pipeline and once the first one passed, the second came along shortly after. They will settle down to a more regular schedule of one almost daily within a couple weeks.
Thank you! Good to know!

Back
Top Bottom