3 hens laid 4 eggs this morning

KarynVA

Crowing
May 29, 2020
SW Virginia
I know it sounds crazy but it's true! I collect the eggs every morning at 9:00. My 3 hens laid 3 eggs yesterday, and this morning there were 4 eggs in theiir favorite nesting box. The eggs are all uniform and normal, regular sized, hard shells, all that. 🥚🥚🥚🥚

"Two Or More Eggs A Day? Chickens will sometimes release two yolks at the same time. This is most common with young hens who are maturing, or a sign that a bird is being overfed. Therefore, a chicken could potentially lay two eggs a day, but no more." - heritageacresmarket

All 3 are Golden Comets. They are all just over a year old.
Golden comets are bred to lay very well, so it’s not overly surprising to me. If it was a different breed, like a Barnevelder, it may be different, but for hatchery hybrids like golden comets, they are bred to lay a very large amount of eggs.

I know it sounds crazy but it's true! I collect the eggs every morning at 9:00. My 3 hens laid 3 eggs yesterday, and this morning there were 4 eggs in theiir favorite nesting box. The eggs are all uniform and normal, regular sized, hard shells, all that. 🥚🥚🥚🥚
Guessing you had an early layer.
Gather all eggs every night for a more accurate count.

Back
Top Bottom