3 month old chickens keep killing eachother in 10 by 18 coop with 5 gallon food dish and 2 gallon water what is the cause

Pics
When I have a chicken like this, i put her in a large wire dog crate in the covered run (I have a covered run, not a coop). That way she has food, water, etc, and can move around a bit, but is separated from getting picked on. She will keep her place in the flock if they can see and hear her. If she's going out where flies can get to her and the wounds isn't dried out, then I'd bandage. Otherwise she's a candidate for flystrike. you'll still need to keep an eye on it and rebandage daily to be sure.

If the wound is dry and scabbed over, you can put bluekote or anti peck cream on it and put her back with the flock. Even if the wound is scabbed over, I still might keep her in the crate for a few days to be sure she's re-accepted by the flock and heals more before they can get to her.
The wound is try but pretty much her whole wing is a scabbed can I still keep her wing covered?

Back
Top Bottom