3 month old chickens?

Sep 22, 2020
Texas United States
Hello I am looking for any breed (except Bantam, or serama) that are females at 2-3 month olds. I live in Texas and any place near huntsville, bryan, and willis are good spots for me to pick them up. I have a rooster that lost hens that I bought for him and I need some more.

I’d want to know what happened to the hens….to be sure would not happen again
I had 5 chickens hatch and 2 turned out to be roosters. Anyways I bought 4 of the same age pullets until I could get more and a couple weeks later I let them out and went to work(my mom was there with them, but she swears up and down she didn't hear anything wrong) and when I got home 2 of them where headless in my yard, never knew what happened(figured maybe a hawk?) I actually have a pic of one. I buried the other without thinking of taking a pic. Since you insist on knowing........

Attachments

• 20220102_172810.jpg
    20220102_172810.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
I had 5 chickens hatch and 2 turned out to be roosters. Anyways I bought 4 of the same age pullets until I could get more and a couple weeks later I let them out and went to work(my mom was there with them, but she swears up and down she didn't hear anything wrong) and when I got home 2 of them where headless in my yard, never knew what happened(figured maybe a hawk?) I actually have a pic of one. I buried the other without thinking of taking a pic. Since you insist on knowing........
I’m sorry to hear that and I meant no offense I didn’t. But I have had people on our 👥 Chicken chat group asking for for chickens or do I know anybody who has some in the one time I didn’t ask it was a really horrible situation and I felt very badly so I was merely pointing out that a lot of people might want to know what happened. Not just so we can judge but perhaps educate

I’m sorry to hear that and I meant no offense I didn’t. But I have had people on our 👥 Chicken chat group asking for for chickens or do I know anybody who has some in the one time I didn’t ask it was a really horrible situation and I felt very badly so I was merely pointing out that a lot of people might want to know what happened. Not just so we can judge but perhaps educate
Its fine. But I truly love my chickens and would never do anything to harm them, they are literally like my babies. The way I said the original post was kinda fishy because is was kinda late when I posted it, so I completely understand the concern. I have a moltted java rooster and a silver laced cochin rooster, both are beautiful and super sweet and I could not imagine having to get rid of either due to the fact I dont have enough hens for both; hence why I am looking for more.

Its fine. But I truly love my chickens and would never do anything to harm them, they are literally like my babies. The way I said the original post was kinda fishy because is was kinda late when I posted it, so I completely understand the concern. I have a moltted java rooster and a silver laced cochin rooster, both are beautiful and super sweet and I could not imagine having to get rid of either due to the fact I dont have enough hens for both; hence why I am looking for more.
Here they both are 🥰

Attachments

• 20220104_160028.jpg
    20220104_160028.jpg
    887.1 KB · Views: 6
Don’t hawks try to fly away with them? They don’t just the heads to my knowledge. Granted I don’t have a lot of knowledge about hocks but I didn’t think they did that. Where as a skunk? Or a weasel? Both can be out in the daytime ..I wound up Getting a Blink camera from Amazon to put in my backyard where it’s kind of wild and also one in the 👥 Chicken yard. Caught on camera a bobcat! Days I have a retrofitting with extra wire extra height really tightening it up. He came back another time and I found with my camera where he had gotten in that time fixed that. He came back one more time but he was just looking and when he saw me out there he walked away looking at me the whole time and I have never seen him sense so I think he thinks it’s just too much trouble at least for now until he gets really hungry. It’s not impossible to get in there but I have made it extremely difficult !

Don’t hawks try to fly away with them? They don’t just the heads to my knowledge. Granted I don’t have a lot of knowledge about hocks but I didn’t think they did that. Where as a skunk? Or a weasel? Both can be out in the daytime ..I wound up Getting a Blink camera from Amazon to put in my backyard where it’s kind of wild and also one in the 👥 Chicken yard. Caught on camera a bobcat! Days I have a retrofitting with extra wire extra height really tightening it up. He came back another time and I found with my camera where he had gotten in that time fixed that. He came back one more time but he was just looking and when he saw me out there he walked away looking at me the whole time and I have never seen him sense so I think he thinks it’s just too much trouble at least for now until he gets really hungry. It’s not impossible to get in there but I have made it extremely difficult !
Not always.
Here they both are 🥰
You do know that the SLW was a male, right?

Back
Top Bottom