3 month pullet sleeping & lethargy

If she hasn't completed the second five days of Corid, she needs to finish. This will kill any eggs that hatched since the first Corid round. Poultry cell is just vitamins but should not be given until her second round of Corid is completed.
Thank you!

We have 2 3 month old australorp pullets and 1 seems to sleep a lot. She sleeps standing up. It’s very odd. A couple weeks ago after putting them outside in a small pen in the bigger coop with 3 hens and a roo we noticed her tail was always down and she wasn’t singing her usual songs to us. We moved both of them back inside and started 5 days of Tylan 50 on the one we thought was acting a little off. She seemed a little better but not quite right. Since they had been outside so I thought maybe it’s coccidiosis and started on Corid. We use a syringe to give her .1ml 9.6% orally every morning for 5 days and also mix the measured Corid water to 3 day fermented crumble. She seemed to be much better after a day or 2 and after 5 days discontinued the .1 ml oral dose but kept Corid mixed in the waterer. After 2 days off the .1 ml she is back to sleeping standing up and seems a little lethargic.

Any ideas?
How is she doing now?

One of my hens did this, I thought something was wrong with her so I pulled her from the flock and put her in a crate for observation, as soon as she was alone she was fine. I mean i set her down and the tail went back up and she was walking around fine. The other birds were being mean to her, we shifted the flocks around and put her in with different birds. She has been fine ever since.

Our issue was the rooster had gotten too big for the amount of hens he had, and she was the bottom of the pecking order. She found herself a higher spot in the new pecking order after the move. I think she wanted the others to think she was sick so they'd back off.

Our hen is doing really well after the 2nd dose of Corid. We started introducing both our younger ones to the flock again today. Many thanks to the friendly helpful folks here at BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom