3 mystery genders!

The only one that I have any doubts about is the 'cinnamon queen'. I don't think it is a cinnamon queen, and although there is no male specific feathering conformation is a bit masculine. The other 3 are pullets.
I'm not too familiar with Cinnamon queens, but I thought they were a cross between a production red rooster and a silver laced Wyandotte hen. So this one looked like it could be such a cross. But you are right, its body conformation does suggest a cockerel, if not the comb. I'm just confused as to what the bird could be if it is not a Cinnamon queen. TSC should be only selling hatchery birds that are specific breeds or hybrids, as far as I know, but I could well be wrong.

The only one that I have any doubts about is the 'cinnamon queen'. I don't think it is a cinnamon queen, and although there is no male specific feathering conformation is a bit masculine. The other 3 are pullets.

It may not be - I’ve heard TSC isn’t always great with their breeds... They sold us the EEs as true Americaunas, which of course after research I read were pretty much just EEs. WHY don’t they just call them that to begin with?! lol... I guess I’ll keep crossing my fingers on that one.

It may not be - I’ve heard TSC isn’t always great with their breeds... They sold us the EEs as true Americaunas, which of course after research I read were pretty much just EEs. WHY don’t they just call them that to begin with?! lol... I guess I’ll keep crossing my fingers on that one.
That is the fault of some of the hatcheries, though. They know better but they still sell Easter eggers as Ameraucanas, to the public and to TSC and similar places. But with CQs, TSC should be getting first generation birds. Hatcheries don't sell second generation sex links of any kind, because the birds are only sex linked in first generation crosses.

I would just wait and see with the CQ. It may be an underweight pullet or a slow developing cockerel, but only time is going to tell which.

I'm not too familiar with Cinnamon queens, but I thought they were a cross between a production red rooster and a silver laced Wyandotte hen. So this one looked like it could be such a cross. But you are right, its body conformation does suggest a cockerel, if not the comb. I'm just confused as to what the bird could be if it is not a Cinnamon queen. TSC should be only selling hatchery birds that are specific breeds or hybrids, as far as I know, but I could well be wrong.

Not our local TSC. :lau I did a Google search on cinnamon queens, and most all pictured had more white, but some were darker like that bird. :idunno

Not our local TSC. :lau I did a Google search on cinnamon queens, and most all pictured had more white, but some were darker like that bird. :idunno
Okay, well, in that case, I think this bird, whatever it is, could go either way. I don't see anything definite saying cockerel or pullet yet. If TSC is now selling random mixes as hybrid layers, I don't know what can be done about it, but it's good to be aware of it so we can give better information to people who want to know breed/gender. :barnie

I was thinking the same thing.

I didn’t think cinnamon queens had rose Combs and black feathers...
My CQ girls has a rose comb and black feathers.
CQ's are RIR x RIW and rose comb varieties exist for both of those breeds.

My CQ
2monthsish
20170502_153952.jpg

Now
20180813_093121.jpg

20180828_123510.jpg

Back
Top Bottom