3 storms!!

Hairydadrock

Chirping
Sep 10, 2021
Huddersfield,england
Well,where do I start! Here in the UK we've just had 3 consecutive storms and my poor girls don't know what's hit them.the run area is under trees so fallen branches have been a nightmare luckily run is covered with a taut netting so it caught most of the big ones!,then the rain!!,we've had 5 days of torrential rainfall,poor things seem to have learned to use the shelter I built for them,hope they've had enough food,I put it under the shelter so think they had enough.its calmed down now so going to treat them with so extra grub,scrambled eggs n mealworms and a lovely big cabbage.😊

I know what you mean! I'm in Lancashire and yesterday i may as well not have had any sheltered run at all for my girls with the amount of good it did with the sideways rain! Silly beggars dont seem to think to go inside the coop for proper shelter. In the afternoon I let them into my kitchen to dry off a bit before bed and gave them some treats. They didn't seem bothered at all by it but I'm a worrier and I didn't want them going to bed really wet. Sandy even offered to help with the washing....🤣
20220220_171651.jpg
20220220_171642.jpg
20220220_173233.jpg

I know what you mean! I'm in Lancashire and yesterday i may as well not have had any sheltered run at all for my girls with the amount of good it did with the sideways rain! Silly beggars dont seem to think to go inside the coop for proper shelter. In the afternoon I let them into my kitchen to dry off a bit before bed and gave them some treats. They didn't seem bothered at all by it but I'm a worrier and I didn't want them going to bed really wet. Sandy even offered to help with the washing....🤣View attachment 3000697View attachment 3000698View attachment 3000699
🤣🤣 loved that you dried them in the house!!🤣 where in Lancashire you from ? I haved lived in West Yorkshire for 30 yrs but was brought up in Burnley area till I was 18.

Dealing with storms is stressful enough without having to worry about your critters, too. It's pretty nearly impossible to protect everybody from every kind of crappy weather.

During a derecho a couple of years ago, half a tree fell on my avatar coop; the girls were all okay, the roof took a few hits and the whole thing tipped over until it rested against the coop beside it.

Hope everybody in the UK gets a break from crazy weather!

🤣🤣 loved that you dried them in the house!!🤣 where in Lancashire you from ? I haved lived in West Yorkshire for 30 yrs but was brought up in Burnley area till I was 18.
Born and bred in Burnley I live near Barden Marina! Small world innit!

I don't mind the rain really. Used to it here, but I always feel sorry for my chooks. My Polish Daphne seems to love the rain, she will happily wander round the garden getting soaked, daft little sausage 🤣🤣

Dealing with storms is stressful enough without having to worry about your critters, too. It's pretty nearly impossible to protect everybody from every kind of crappy weather.

During a derecho a couple of years ago, half a tree fell on my avatar coop; the girls were all okay, the roof took a few hits and the whole thing tipped over until it rested against the coop beside it.

Hope everybody in the UK gets a break from crazy weather!
Omg that's crazy I would have been frantic seeing that before I knew they were all OK ❤

Born and bred in Burnley I live near Barden Marina! Small world innit!

I don't mind the rain really. Used to it here, but I always feel sorry for my chooks. My Polish Daphne seems to love the rain, she will happily wander round the garden getting soaked, daft little sausage 🤣🤣
Yeah small world😅 I used to do athletics at barden school track,I went to St augustines in Billington.

Back
Top Bottom