3 story chicken coop

YourJere

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2019
This is a chicken coop I've been working on for about 2 weeks now
Each wall is 8ft wide,
1st story is a little over 6ft tall in the inside featuring a large window, this will be for all my chickens

Second story is not really for the chickens, it will be my hangout / stakeout for predators and storage for things like feed. A ladder will be built on the side for access

3rd story / attic
This will be an enclosed space and additional storage for with enough room for a few people

This coop is still in the process of being built but the first story is so close to complete it'll soon be housing chickens then I'll be doing electrical work.

Also this a very long post but, I never introduced myself to the site, I am a 17 year old Carpenter and I started raising chickens about almost 2 years ago, and I enjoy building crazy stuff like this to impress people Snapchat-2112280826.jpg
Snapchat-1403309351.jpg
Snapchat-2052773255.jpg

Welcome to the BYC forum :welcome

Sounds like you have an original design. I don't know where you are building this tower, but it looks like some of the deer hunting towers some guys build around here, only yours will have chickens on the first level. I was laughing about the ladder because when I was 17, I could see myself carrying a 50# sack of feed up the ladder to the second floor. Now that I'm pushing 60, my days of going up and down ladders is not so fun, and carrying a sack of chicken feed on a ladder would be out of the question.

But yeah, go for it and be sure to update this thread and/or post a coop page with your build and how well it works out for you and your chickens.

This is a chicken coop I've been working on for about 2 weeks now
Each wall is 8ft wide,
1st story is a little over 6ft tall in the inside featuring a large window, this will be for all my chickens

Second story is not really for the chickens, it will be my hangout / stakeout for predators and storage for things like feed. A ladder will be built on the side for access

3rd story / attic
This will be an enclosed space and additional storage for with enough room for a few people

This coop is still in the process of being built but the first story is so close to complete it'll soon be housing chickens then I'll be doing electrical work.

Also this a very long post but, I never introduced myself to the site, I am a 17 year old Carpenter and I started raising chickens about almost 2 years ago, and I enjoy building crazy stuff like this to impress people View attachment 1895655
View attachment 1895654 View attachment 1895656
Impressive!

Interesting coop idea! I admit at first I thought "Oh no, chickens won't use all 3 floors" but once I read it I think it's really creative to go upwards with storage. Sure, I can't even haul a single bag of feed to my car (nevermind up a ladder) but you're young so I'm sure it's no issue for you. :)
:gigSame thoughts here...
...and that he's young enough to still want and enjoy a 'fort'.
No offense meant @YourJere !

Back
Top Bottom