3 week old attacking 7 week old

Matilda Belle

Crowing
May 16, 2018
SE Minnesota
My Coop
My Coop
My new showgirl really has some spunk. During their supervised playdate yesterday, the 3 week old showgirl ran up to the 7 week old silkie, started batting its wings, pecking, and what appeared to me to be challenging the larger bird. Then, of course the 7 week old started doing the same thing. So far, it's just these two that don't like each other. Could they both be roosters and that's why they don't get a long?

Neither flock is together full time. I'm just trying to integrate slowly by having supervised visits.

Its entirely possible they are roos.. but hens will also behave like that when establishing pecking order. But i would probably assume they are roos untill you can tell for sure by looking at them.
You could post pics of them and maybe someone can help you determine if they are or not. Although it may be too early yet. Worth a try anyhow...:fl

image.jpeg

This is my troublesome showgirl. I'll try to find a good picture of the 7 week old.

You probably know more than I do. I just got chickens a month ago. :) If I were to guess based on behavior and stance, then the big white one is a rooster, the showgirl is a rooster, and MAYBE the larger black one.

I guess we'll have to wait and see! :) :)

Well, I have silikies but not showgirls.. and i have hard time telling with mine too till they are older.:gig
Im sure there's a thread for both breeds though. You could also post there. They have more experience and could probably help more than me..:D

Back
Top Bottom