3 week old chick Buff Wyandotte

terrylundberg

Hatching
8 Years
May 23, 2011
My 4 chicks were purchased 2 weeks ago....one of them is suddenly acting real docile....compared to the other 3 ( 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Barred Rock, one Silver Laced Wyandotte) which are very active in the coop outside. The one eats and drinks and poops, but real lethargic. She just peeps quietly and closes her eyes like she wants to go to sleep. What do you think is going on? The others are ravenous eaters and are on the move all the time...but the one seems sick, and does not stand erect and jump around like the others. She is not extending her neck like the others. Any ideas?

Yes, she does look ill, she is all puffed up and her head is pulled in. Is she cold? I would isolate her from the others just in case she is contagious. Sorry I couldn't tell you anything else to do.

I bought one for birds at my pet store, and it was 1 drop per ounce of water, and change the water every day. The liquid B complex was 1 drop, 1-2 x per day, it kind of perks them up to hopefully get them eating again. The pet stores do have bird antibiotics. I guess-timated dose, based on weight.

Best wishes to you,
fl.gif
, Its really nervewracking having sick babies!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone. We took your advice, and My Little omelet is starting to get much better. I really pushed the Poly ViSol and the meds this evening and about 2 hours ago, it was like NIGHT and Day. She finally just started eating and drinking on her own, and is now starting to act like the other 3! Thank You So much for the Advice!

oh thank you so much for the advice.....it WORKED! she's feeling better, eating and drinking and acting more like a chick!! how kewl!!! Thanks so much!!

Back
Top Bottom