3 week old chick sick

poli

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 8, 2013
This is my attempt to have pet Chicken for the first time. This forum did help me a lot in the last two months to have 2 pet hens and naturally hatch some chicks from my broody silky (who became broody in 2 weeks time after I got her)
My Silkie has hatched 2 chicks who are 3 weeks old now. Yesterday I treated the silkie with DE earth power to get rid of mites. I could see very tiny dark creatures on her and they used to crawl on me too when I held her. Today she looks perfectly fine, no scratching and looks much relieved. But one of her chick is sick. I am not sure if it is sick due to the treatment or its just a coincidence?
Till last evening it was very active. today suddenly, it is shivering, not following its mother, eating very less and closing its eyes. Its poop is white (more of liquid) and looks like a sticky white line stuck to its butt.
I am very worried. Please someone help me. Please pray for my little chick.

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Post your chick in the Emergencies/Diseases section of the Forum for best results. Good luck.

welcome-byc.gif
you should separate the sick chick - keep her warm and give her a stuffed toy to cuddle with. you mentioned a white line stuck to her bottom, do you mean like a white worm? Maybe she has round worms or some other parasite. DE really doesn't do much . Could you take a stool sample to a vet? I would think they could diagnose chicken worms the same as dogs. You really need to be sure before using medications.

Back
Top Bottom