3 week old polish...love the do's

Quote:
is this a good enough side pic?? If not I can take another one tomorrow....the camera loves these guys
tongue.png

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u168/sheandg/IMG_2580.jpg

hehehe i ment a side pic of the other one, the ones thats lower. so far it look like a pullet but if i can see a side pic of that one of the wing feathers, i can say more. what i come to noticed is the males have a darker shade than the females on there wing feathers.

I get It I thought you meant the side of the head....here you go. I took both pics again

here is the one on the left

p1-2.jpg

here is the one on the right

p2-1.jpg

so hoping I have a female. Can't keep roos so I will have to find homes for them

by the way is the top one bearded???

Last edited:
Quote:
thanks

I really hope one is a pullet. I wanted more polish in my order but my breeder didn't have many. Our winter was horrible and cold and the birds just weren't laying as well.

Do you know how much bigger the standards are over the bantams. These guys are bantams and wondering if I were to order standard would it not be that big of a size difference?

Quote:
thanks

I really hope one is a pullet. I wanted more polish in my order but my breeder didn't have many. Our winter was horrible and cold and the birds just weren't laying as well.

Do you know how much bigger the standards are over the bantams. These guys are bantams and wondering if I were to order standard would it not be that big of a size difference?

i would say double size, they are taller. i have standard. i now have a bantam chick and its half the size of my standard chicks.

This was my standard buff laced polish (i sold him that day) *sigh*
13887_shay_pics_329.jpg

Quote:
That's my guess. Also I'm glad to see your GL's lacing is as scattered as my SL are - this gives me hope that they will eventually feather out correctly and I wasn't misinformed by the ebay seller.

Mine will be 11 weeks old on Sunday and I am JUST now figuring out (and really, still guessing but one crowed
tongue.png
) who is a roo and who are pullets. I've had a pretty good idea based on behavior and such, but it's so hard waiting to figure out! LOL

Quote:
thanks

i would say double size, they are taller. i have standard. i now have a bantam chick and its half the size of my standard chicks.

This was my standard buff laced polish (i sold him that day) *sigh*
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/13887_shay_pics_329.jpg

he's beautiful!!

I guess I will stick with the bantams just so no one gets hurt and since I can only have a small flock where I live.....

I need to move to an area where I can have as many and whatever genders I want!!!!

Back
Top Bottom